Hungry Fella!

slamdunk

Screenshot_20220117-214338_Facebook.jpg

I bumped into a lion eating a porcupine. From about 10’ away he launched out from under the rock I was standing on. He was under the rock eating a porcupine and there were blood and quills everywhere. Good thing there was a witness there.:)

Now whenever I see a porcupine, for some reason I crap my pants.:oops:

Last edited:
Lions Eating porcupines is No Secret!

Seen Many of Them With Quills in the Nose/Face!

Kinda Proves All The MM Mathematics might be a little Off doesn't It?

Those 8 adult elk are big animals to take down solo. I know cats do it, but it’s always impressive to me to think about.

The only thing surprising to me is I would have expected the elk:deer ratio to be reversed. I guess there is no deer left wherever this cat is at just like on the Book Cliffs, right bessy?

Not to he a buzz kill.

But 1 average sized male rancher on the Bolder, killed 100 deer in a week, by himself. Imagine how many he kills per year.

Well Niller!

You're a Smart Guy Right?

Do You Think It's Getting Easier For Them To Kill a Deer?

But Don't Worry!

They Can Take An Elk Down When They Want To!

Those 8 adult elk are big animals to take down solo. I know cats do it, but it’s always impressive to me to think about.

The only thing surprising to me is I would have expected the elk:deer ratio to be reversed. I guess there is no deer left wherever this cat is at just like on the Book Cliffs, right bessy?

Pretty cool info. Sounds like a well-rounded diet... LOL

I hope this guy was above average. Can you imagine what 100 cats would do to the badger population.? :)

Cool article, interesting. I've read multiple sources claiming cougars kill an average of one big game animal per week. Per this one cat's diet- 22 big game sized animals in 66 weeks is a third of that.

That's a nasty looking kitty!
But if I were him, I'd focus more on elk calves than badgers. Aren't they related to skunks? Obviously he's an indiscriminate eater...with a very expensive appetite!

Cool article, interesting. I've read multiple sources claiming cougars kill an average of one big game animal per week. Per this one cat's diet- 22 big game sized animals in 66 weeks is a third of that.
6 cow elk and 9 calves is a lot of future damage.
And 6 cows would be 12 deer if that were the case.

Utah estimates 2000 cats, not sure about NM, but those numbers x2000 is pretty scary.....even at 1/3.

They should revise and update the collar so it can be remotely tightened to restrict it from eating certain game as well. :unsure::eek:

Very possible it killed more than that, that's just what they documented.

I've read multiple studies, including one a former teacher of mine did (they used his dogs) in the Salmon River...about one ungulate every 7-10 days.

He said it depended on the lion, some killed more often some not as often. Also interesting that the smallest female they had collared, killed elk about 60% of the time.

Lions are killing machines.

Cats are made for killing... They are apex in every sense of the word, and in every environment they are in... They are dangerously beautiful animals.

Now, how about a $5 tag-along tag with every big game tag around the west.? ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom