Hunt Expo Contract extension with SFW

west_desert

Anyone have any more information on this? If it’s passed? Haven’t seen any other information on this anywhere other than a YouTube video with 55 views.

During the 8/27/2020 Wildlife Board Meeting, the Board unanimously voted to excerise the option to extend the Expo contract for an additional 5 years. This should be of no surprise to anyone. When the DWR amended the rule in 2018 to allow an option for a 5 year extension, anybody with a brain could see what was happening. The DWR and the conservation groups do not want competition for the Expo contract and they do not like the attention, criticism and scrutiny that they face whenever the contract comes up for renewal. The best way to avoid that is simply lock up the contract for a decade at a time. How is that for promoting competition and maximizing the return on the tags for the public and for wildlife? Kudos to the DWR, the Wildlife Board and the conservation groups. Well played!

Hawkeye

Herbert doesn't mind abusing his authority when it comes to crowd control at churches and other places but he made sure the expo would go on during the pandemic. I wonder if it has anything to do with him walking around the expo holding hands with the Don.

During the 8/27/2020 Wildlife Board Meeting, the Board unanimously voted to excerise the option to extend the Expo contract for an additional 5 years. This should be of no surprise to anyone. When the DWR amended the rule in 2018 to allow an option for a 5 year extension, anybody with a brain could see what was happening. The DWR and the conservation groups do not want competition for the Expo contract and they do not like the attention, criticism and scrutiny that they face whenever the contract comes up for renewal. The best way to avoid that is simply lock up the contract for a decade at a time. How is that for promoting competition and maximizing the return on the tags for the public and for wildlife? Kudos to the DWR, the Wildlife Board and the conservation groups. Well played!

Hawkeye
crooked MF'rs

I don't know Hossblur. I wouldn't complain about quality. A month ago people on these forums were calling a 7 point on one side bull elk a "dink" and a management bull. Things have got to be better than average when that's happning. :unsure:

I don't know Hossblur. I wouldn't complain about quality. A month ago people on these forums were calling a 7 point on one side bull elk a "dink" and a management bull. Things have got to be better than average when that's happning. :unsure:

Question was asked if it was a spike and according the regs, it was. That is what thread was about. That's also why it would be a management bull...

Also regarding Covid and the expo, I read that there is no requirement to verify in person for the coming year. What's going to happen to all those "tourism" dollars when nobody has to show up this year?

Also regarding Covid and the expo, I read that there is no requirement to verify in person for the coming year. What's going to happen to all those "tourism" dollars when nobody has to show up this year?
If that's true the odds will go from bad to much worse.
It will be interesting to see just how many people would actually apply though.

Question was asked if it was a spike and according the regs, it was. That is what thread was about. That's also why it would be a management bull...
I wasn't questioning the question. I was telling you someone called the bull a "dink", which they did.

My point is if you are calling 7 pt bulls dinks and management bulls you are doing much better on management than most.

The expo site is still saying validate in person, I'm going to have to find out where I read otherwise.

Screenshot_20201021-164303.png

I wasn't questioning the question. I was telling you someone called the bull a "dink", which they did.

My point is if you are calling 7 pt bulls dinks and management bulls you are doing much better on management than most.

Compared to the "trophy quality" in year's past, it was a "dink".

Management bull just means you don't want those genes in the herd. Same as a mangement buck on a TX hunt club.

No, I don't believe UT is doing as good as it once was. Prior practice may not be the apex of a solution...

Yeah there are tons of places here in Texas that don't want 12 pt genes in their deer herds. We shoot them as trash.:rolleyes:

I know what harvest management is Roadrunner. I am just amazed at the spectrum of people who complain about herd quality while 7 pts are being culled out of the herd. Thats special logic right there.

Yeah there are tons of places here in Texas that don't want 12 pt genes in their deer herds. We shoot them as trash.:rolleyes:

I know what harvest management is Roadrunner. I am just amazed at the spectrum of people who complain about herd quality while 7 pts are being culled out of the herd. Thats special logic right there.

Again, the point was if it was a spike or not because it only had 7 points on one side and not the other since it met the definition of having at least one antler that did not branch above the ears.

Obvious you clealy missed the point, as well as the concept of a management buck when you roll your eyes and try to compare a 12 pt whitetail to a mismatched bull's headgear.

You've derailed this thread just like you did that thread...

Actually roadrunner, you missed the point on the other thread, you missed my point on this thread, and you no diddly about management. You just want to pick and choose to create a BS reality that will keep you arguing or upset. LOGIC BE DAMNED .

7 pt bulls ain't "management " bulls. Unless you are hunting an area so rich with wildlife it could be called the serengeti of the west.

Over/under on $FW having the huge attendance numbers available the day after the expo when 3/4 of the folks dont have to validate in person.

It will be interesting to see just how many people would actually apply though.
At $5.00 a pop to apply for a sheep tag, moose tag, rifle rut elk tag, premium mule deer tag, and etc??? I'd guess the number of apps will increase by at least 10x. Or maybe more. Especially once all the hunt application services get the information publicized to their entire NR clientele pool. And they'll be glad to take care of the app process for you, for a modest fee of course ;)

You mean SFW found a way to increase their profits 10x($3.75 per app)?

HUH!! Sure doesnt sound like something they would scheme. You guys and your conspiracies!!!

Making money is okay, Hossblur. I like how you make an assumption that if people make money for their labors without your permission its a corruption or a conspiracy.

^^^^^Haha. I love the IGNORE feature here!!! I don't even have to see those posts!

The best part of the Expo last year was when I sent in my postcard for FREE ENTRIES into the Full Curl draw as per their Official Rules. I walked up to their booth and gave them my name and they handed me the tickets. No questions asked. ?

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom