Hunt Montana 2020

Montana Man

Another year has come and gone. It will defiantly be one for the books. I wasn’t sure if we were even going to have a hunting season this year or the state would shut it down. Luckily they had some common sense. The season started off cold, snowy, and windy and ended with sunny, warm, and dry. Even with the bad weather we had a great group of hunters that were able to fill their tags. One bunch had to postpone for a couple of weeks for testing positive of Covid, but we were still able to get them in and fill with no problems. I got some pictures of what was taken off, but I always like more of seeing what is still around, so I threw in a little of both. Not sure what next year will be like, but if you are interested we will have some openings. Antelope is open, archery is open, but rifle fills up fast. If you have any questions feel free to email me. Good luck and Good hunting.

SAM_2645.JPG

SAM_2654.JPG

SAM_2694.JPG

SAM_2709.JPG

SAM_2814.JPG

SAM_2891.JPG

SAM_2900.JPG

SAM_2917.JPG

SAM_2932.JPG

SAM_2990.JPG

What we offer for hunting

We are located in the South East corner of Montana in hunting district 705. We are 45 miles SE of Ekalaka MT or 37 miles SW of Buffalo SD. We are a working cattle ranch of over 10,000 private acres.
We have split our ranch into two parts to offer hunting for different groups without double booking the same land. We have a summer pasture of around 2,200 acres of private land that offers elk, mule deer, mountain lion, and some whitetail. There is an older house that has electricity, but no running water or plumbing. There are two wood stoves, a microwave, and a hydrant in the front yard, beds, etc. for you to use. The terrain is forested hills that levels off to flat sagebrush plains. It is very secluded and a 4-wheel drive is required. We can accommodate up to 6 hunters here. It is also located 10 miles from the Long Pines National Forest with 130,000 acres of public hunting and 45 miles from the Ekalaka Hills with 20,000 acres of public hunting.
The rest of the land is located by our home place. It offers mule deer, antelope, and some white tail hunting. The terrain is mostly open grassy plains with a few areas of rough forest. A 4-wheel drive vehicle is also required. If you prefer we allow people to bring their own campers/RV and plug into our electricity at no additional charge. That way they know what they have. There are also hotel/motels in Ekalaka MT or Buffalo SD you can stay at if you prefer more comforts.
This is for a 6 day hunt. We do not guide or follow you around. We will show you the property lines the first day you come out and then we let you go out on your own. To hunt whichever way works best for you, but we will be available if you have any questions. We do not guarantee a kill or have any trophy fees or any other fees other than the flat rate you pay when you come. We ask that you stay on existing roads, bring your own food, water, etc. and take your garbage when you leave. All state and federal hunting rules and regulations will be followed and all penalties will be enforced. This IS hunting and not for the faint at heart. If you have any further questions feel free to email me back or you can call 406-972-4568 and ask for Lynette she can answer your questions, price our hunts, or line up a week for you.
Good Luck and Good Hunting

Six hunters on 2200 acres is not light hunting pressure where they are located. Better be a real good 2200 acres.

I know a thing or two about ranches in Eastern MT. Unless you are hunting irrigated river bottom or have property that draws in bucks from the soundings during the rut six hunters is more pressure than I would want if I was paying to hunt.

That's 6 hunters total for the year and we've never had it happen.
I have a buddy who is looking to take his wife and kids on an antelope hunt and preferably sit water if they could...is this something you could accommodate? I sent him the message and told him to give Lynette a call. Thanks

I know that BuckMasters own a lot of country in the same location and they have some of the best land locked up and POSTED! Do your homework?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom