Hunter ED Point

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
I live in NorCal and would like to get my hunter ed point.

I dropped my sons NM bull in Kingman last week and Amber thought the mount might be ready in Jan. I frequently hunt the Jan bow season so a trip through Kingman is easily done.

How do I go about getting my hunter ed point? Is there any way to take/receive it online? I would like to get it before the upcoming elk draw.

Contact Don Martin here on MM (Arizona Wildlife Outfitters), as he is the lead instructor for the NR class. He posts the info each year before the classes in December, so that you can get the class and have it credited before the elk/pronghorn draw.

>Contact Don Martin here on MM
>(Arizona Wildlife Outfitters), as he
>is the lead instructor for
>the NR class. He posts
>the info each year before
>the classes in December, so
>that you can get the
>class and have it credited
>before the elk/pronghorn draw.

Anyone have a email for him? Or how do I find his handle on here to contact him? I would like to attend this class ASAP and need to try figuring out date to make work arrangements. Thank you for the help.

I don't have an email but will PM you his phone number. Think that's Ok, took the class last year. Register early, it fills up fast.

I copied this from another web site:

"This is Don Martin, volunteer Chief Instructor for the Arizona Game & Fish Department in Kingman. I teach the one day Supplemental or Non-resident class. I have applied to the Department to teach the next class on Saturday, January 5, 2019 here in Kingman in the clubhouse at the Mohave Sportsman Club's 7 Mile Hill Range here in Kingman. I was told the class will be approved and online in the Department's website some time this week. Look in the Hunter Education section for what is called a classroom class that will be listed for that date. There are several requirements to take the class. Since this is a very fast paced class designed specifically for experienced sportsmen, persons under 14 years old MUST have instructor approval to take the class. Persons over 14 years old must have taken and passed a Hunter Education class in another state since 1980 and you need to text me a copy of your card. FYI, for those that want or need a motel room for either Friday or Saturday night, I have made arrangements with a local motel for a small discount for those taking the class. Text me at 928-303-9481 for details. This is a one-day class that starts at 7 a.m. (Arizona time) and ends by about 6 p.m., depending on how many attendees we have. Lunch is usually done in house, so that we can keep the class going without interruption. I'll send you details when you are verified enrolled in the class. Class size is limited to 30 persons. We usually get close to that for registration purposes, but about 10% will be no shows on class day. This is NOT your standard hunter education class. While we do instruct about basic hunter education, we have a lot of emphasis on Arizona only laws and regulations, and I go into detail about the Arizona draw system, including the 5% & 5% limitation on NR's. Also we'll tell you about Arizona's PointGuard system. Others who have taken this class in the past say it is worthwhile. Check the AZGFD website throughout the week to see if it is up and get registered. Upon completion of the class, paperwork will be submitted so that you will receive the permanent bonus point for ALL big game species on your G&F account. Thank you for your interest in the Arizona Hunter Education Program. Any questions? call me at 928-303-9481."

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

Yes, the January 5, 2019 class is up on the AZGFD website and they are taking registrations.

Remember, you need to have taken Hunter Education in another state since 1980 to be eligible for this one day class.

I'm getting motel information too for those who want to reserve a room for Friday or Saturday night (or both).

This is a fast paced, advanced class, but we cover things you'll not get in any other AZ Hunter Education class, plus you will get the permanent bonus point.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/8503520150103161901.jpg

If you have any questions, I can be reached on my cell at 928-303-9481.

Don Martin
Chief Instructor
AZ Hunter Education
Region 3
Kingman, AZ

For those who have signed up for this class and need a place to stay while in Kingman on Friday and/or Saturday night, Mr. John Patel, who is a long time supporter of Hunter Education, has offered these motels at a very reasonable price.

Days Inn, 928-753-7500, $49.00 + tax for one or two persons.

Super 8 Motel, 928-757-4808, $49.00 + tax for one or two persons.

Just tell them them you are here for the AZ Hunter Education class to get those prices!

Both motels are right off I-40 and easy to access to get to the class.

Questions or concerns? Call me at 928-303-9481.

After you take and pass this class, you will get the permanent bonus point for ALL of Arizona's big game species.

Kingman is located just a 100 miles from Las Vegas, and easy to get to. I encourage you to take this class if you are wanting to hunt big game in Arizona. Every point you have changes the odds on drawing, and with the 5%-5% draw system, now there is always the possibility of drawing one of the coveted big game tags..

Don Martin
Chief Instructor
AZ Hunter Education
Region 3

3823120150103161853.jpg

Thanks for the links Don !!!

I finally got signed up in time this year :)

See you in Jan

Cheers,
Pete

Pete you don't need that point until after I draw.
LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I would be signing up but figured the class is on my anniversary, any chance you will be having another one available?

hahahaha Gator, just saw this. You draw this year and I'll come down, film and scout for my hunt the year after !!!

Plan on spending my 10 points in Wyoming next year and should be done in time to help on an early archery hunt in AZ. How's that for some confidence.

Cheers, Pete

Is there a fee for this class? Anything needed other than waiver form? I sent don picture of hunters Ed card. Just want to make sure I'm good before traveling 5 hours to find out I missed something.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom