Hunter Orange reduction and COR for being an antler buyer.

6pointbull

Looks like they passed legislation removing the 400 square inches of hunter orange and now you can get away with only wearing an orange hat. Also antler buyers are going to have to have a Certificate of Registration and pay .06 cents per pound sold. Unless someone reads it differently then me.

Still has to be signed by the Governor.

The second part of that bill pertains to butchers who sell/use the byproducts to make dog food. The six cent fee is to cover the cost of cwd testing.

Ya!

I Never Did Like PUMPKIN Suits But!

It Had To Of Helped When It Came To DRATS Looking At You Through Their Scopes On Their Rifles!

Maybe After Who Knows How Many Years Of Not Being Able To Enforce The Law They're Gonna Say F'It?

I Know PUMPKIN Suits Have Been A BIG No-No On LE Rifle Hunts Forever!

I've Seen Friends & Relatives Of The Tag Holders Wearing More Orange Than The Tag Holders Themselves!

I Had A Warden In Colorado Not Happy With Me Several Years Ago!

Pulls Me Over When He Seen My DRATville License Plates!

He Says:

Are You Hunting?

Yes I Am!

Well Where's Your Orange?

I'm Not Out Of My Truck!

He Then Says:You Better Be Able To Reach It!

So I Reach In The Back Seat & Pull Some PUMPKIN Attire Out!

I Said:You Happy Now?

JUDAS What A CLOWN!

Everybody has there opinions. And choose to wear orange or not to wear orange but I feel that's the stupidest thing they could have done

Ya!

I Never Did Like PUMPKIN Suits But!

It Had To Of Helped When It Came To DRATS Looking At You Through Their Scopes On Their Rifles!

Maybe After Who Knows How Many Years Of Not Being Able To Enforce The Law They're Gonna Say F'It?

I Know PUMPKIN Suits Have Been A BIG No-No On LE Rifle Hunts Forever!

I've Seen Friends & Relatives Of The Tag Holders Wearing More Orange Than The Tag Holders Themselves!

I Had A Warden In Colorado Not Happy With Me Several Years Ago!

Pulls Me Over When He Seen My DRATville License Plates!

He Says:

Are You Hunting?

Yes I Am!

Well Where's Your Orange?

I'm Not Out Of My Truck!

He Then Says:You Better Be Able To Reach It!

So I Reach In The Back Seat & Pull Some PUMPKIN Attire Out!

I Said:You Happy Now?

JUDAS What A CLOWN!
Had one in Colorado tell me he was going to cite me cause my backpack was covering the orange on my back. Said if he saw me again and I hadn’t oranged up my backpack I would get a citation.

Luckily I didn’t see him again.

Hey Niller!

I Want You To Think About Something!

When I/We Were Younger We Were Perty Much On The Mountain With The Same Caliber Of People!

That's Not Always The Case Anymore!

The One That Bothers Me Most Is The JOKERS That You Catch Looking At You Through The Scopes On Their Rifles & The SOUND SHOT Crew!

I Might Be The Only PUMPKIN On The Hill If I Ever Rifle Hunt Again!:D

There are surrounding states that do not require 400 sq inches of orange. Are they having issues?

Oh I guarantee there were WAAAY more people in the 60s looking at other hunters through their rifle scopes than there are today. Way more.

It was a bad and unsafe practice then, just as it is now.

The hunter orange law won’t change that.

My question about other states is simply to show that other states have less restrictive orange requirements than we do, and they don’t appear to have more issues with accidental shootings because of it. I may still wear an orange vest. I may not. I’ll probably have my kids wear them…but we’ll see.

The best part about Utah’s current law is it never even required the 400 sq inches to be visible. I could have had a blaze orange t shirt under a camo long sleeve and coat, with an orange hat and I was legal. At least now it will require the one piece of orange to be on the outside.

I think you hunt in the wrong places bessy. The hunters I saw on a LE rifle elk last year all wore orange as required. But my goal was to avoid other hunters, not hang around them all the time! Wearing orange has never bothered me, but I’m okay with the law change.

I'll be in orange for awhile mainly because I'm cheap, and I own it.

But honestly most dudes are road hunters anyway, so the orange hat really is all you need.

Not Always True Hossy!

You've Surely Seen The 4 Man Side X Sides That Are CAMO & Everybody Is Camoed Up Just For Road Hunting!

During The COVID CRAP I Even Seen Some Of Them That Had CAMO .59 Cent Masks!

I Guess They Didn't Think Any Of The Game Could See Them In Their STRAIGHT PIPED Side X Sides?

I'll be in orange for awhile mainly because I'm cheap, and I own it.

But honestly most dudes are road hunters anyway, so the orange hat really is all you need.

For me and my family, we don't see the problem with wearing the orange. We will continue to wear orange while hunting deer or elk. It's only for safety for us. We always have an orange vest and hat. It's not a game changer on rifle hunts. But to each thier own.

I agree. I am not sure this is going to change much for me, but I might ditch the vest sometimes and just go with a hat. We'll see, and it will probably be situational dependent.

And houndsman77, please share if you find it. A statistically different outcome would surprise me, but I've been surprised before!

So Niller?

How Many Year Have You Not Been Wearing Your Orange Where Nobody Could See It?

I Like The Loop-Hole You Found In The PUMPKIN Suits!

I killed this Utah buck last year wearing full legal hunter orange.
I don’t think the buck ever saw me.

IMG_5884.jpeg

That would be nice, I felt like I was wearing a neon sign hunting UT last year. I don't think it effects the hunt that much but it's obnoxious.

So Niller?

How Many Year Have You Not Been Wearing Your Orange Where Nobody Could See It?

I Like The Loop-Hole You Found In The PUMPKIN Suits!

Zero. I can honestly say I’ve never rifle hunted in Utah without wearing an orange vest or orange outer layer. At least I don’t remember it if that were ever the case. Orange has never bothered me. Orange hat and an orange vest were always present until the kill. I will usually take the vest off at that point to get to work.

I pretty much always wear an orange hat weather it is required or not. Don't trust some of the others out there. Also like to get away from others, but when on public land sometimes you just bump into other hunters who had the same idea.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom