Hunter safety class's for Bonus Point?

muleyczy

Does anyone have any info on when and where the next hunter safety class will be held inorder to get a bonus point? If memory serves me right, I thought there was one the first week of January in Pheonix?

Thanks

Don Martin's Hunter Ed Team will probably hold a class Jan 8th-9th, 2011 in Kingman, AZ in the MSC clubhouse @ 7 Mile Hill Shooting Range.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-11 AT 11:02AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-11 AT 10:47?AM (MST)

I was looking at the class schedule link and about all the classes on there are drawn out over several weeks. I saw one was just held on Jan 8-9, but it says supplemental for those who had classes in their home state. Is that supplemental class sufficient to earn the permanent bonus point? Are there any other such classes scheduled anywhere?

Are the condensed ones held on a fairly regular schedule? I read on an old thread that Don Martin usually does one in Kingman in April also? Any idea when the date would be known? I'd be coming all the way from Illinois. My step-son lives in San Diego but asked me to take him on a hiking/backpacking/trout fishing trip in the mountains somewhere out there. Thought I may be able to combine the two, but I'd need to plan ahead.

I looked on the old thread that I can just take the online course, and just do the field portion at a class. The last one is shown March 12th in Yuma, but I was curious when I would know about one in late March or early April. Thanks.

You can take the online class then come down for the field day.

The "supplemental" class is for those who have already taken and passed their home state HS class.

I will say this, the supplemental class, is thru a special arrangement with the Game and Fish dept and IS NOT a std HS class.

The class is based around AZ rules and regs, not how to carry your gun. Yes, some of that stuff is covered but it's rules and regs.

Everybody passed the class on Jan 8.
They are looking at having early classes in other parts of the state but for now, it is a one shot deal.

We're doing a two weekend resident class starting on March 11. Classes are March 11, 6-9 p.m., March 12, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., March 13, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., March 19, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., March 20 for field day, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Our next supplemental class looks like will be on April 2, 2011 here in Kingman.

That is a one day, 12 hour class and this class will be limited to the first 45 who sign up with Dave Williams @ G&F in Phoenix.

Questions? Call me at 928-681-4867 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Hope this helps!

Don Martin
Master Instructor
AZ Hunter Education
Region III

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom