Hunter safety

brix5400

Looking for more information on a hunter safety bonus pt course. I see that they offer the course online for $300 but you must still attend a field day. Is anyone offering the full course and field day sometime before the 2022 draw deadline?
Thanks for your help!
Brix

You don't need to attend an in-person field day if you complete the $300 ($150 for a resident) deal for non-residents. That was the whole pupose for putting this option into play.

Depending on where a NR lives, the $300 fee is probably cheaper than traveling to AZ for the older HE course.

You don't need to attend an in-person field day if you complete the $300 ($150 for a resident) deal for non-residents. That was the whole pupose for putting this option into play.

Depending on where a NR lives, the $300 fee is probably cheaper than traveling to AZ for the older HE course.
How can I verify this? That’s the way I read it online but I called game and fish and that’s not how the person on the phone explained it to me. Thank you for the help!

How can I verify this? That’s the way I read it online but I called game and fish and that’s not how the person on the phone explained it to me. Thank you for the help!
Well for one thing, if they have to attend a field day, why would someone pay $300 for the same thing they can get for $19.95?? ;)

Perhaps the confusion came about because you asked about the Hunter Education course rather than this new Ethically Hunting Arizona Course.

If you still have doubts, contact Hunter Education at 623-236-7235, or email to [email protected]

That was my exact thoughts on it and also why I am attempting to get a solid answer before I drop $300. I will give them a call and use the correct wording this time ha ha thank you for your help today!

That was my exact thoughts on it and also why I am attempting to get a solid answer before I drop $300. I will give them a call and use the correct wording this time ha ha thank you for your help today!
Glad to help.

Note that on the page I posted the link for, there is NO mention of a field day. And on that same page, this appears:

How do I get my Arizona Bonus Point?​

One permanent bonus point will be awarded upon first graduation of either:
  • A department-sanctioned Arizona Game and Fish Department Hunter Education course completed after January 1, 1980, or…
  • The Department’s Ethically Hunting Arizona Course completed after January 1, 2021.

Thank you again for all the help. I finally got a solid answer. The $300 class does not require you to go to anything in Arizona and the $20 requires a field day. If you call game and fish and don’t speak to the hunter Ed department the person you are talking with will probably not know what the right answer is. Thanks again for the help!
Brix

So Arizona is going to makeup the lost sales of OTC archery tags that they lost because they paid social media “influencers” with BP sales.

Thanks for the extra point creep and rewarding people for being lazy.

Its self pace and you can do it in about 45mins total time. There are 10 initial short test that are very easy to pass if you just read the bold while working towards it. Then a 50 question test at end that if you have a regulations book handy you can pass with atleast a 95%. It's good knowledge and just focus on the bold statement when reading and a lot of questions are pretty simple answers you can't get wrong.

Its self pace and you can do it in about 45mins total time. There are 10 initial short test that are very easy to pass if you just read the bold while working towards it. Then a 50 question test at end that if you have a regulations book handy you can pass with atleast a 95%. It's good knowledge and just focus on the bold statement when reading and a lot of questions are pretty simple answers you can't get wrong.
Glad you got it straightened out. Perhaps your inquires triggered the press release that I received this morning & just posted in this section. ;)

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom