Hunters and Campers BEWARE

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
We had a bear get a little agressive with us in our wall tent last Thursday night near French Hollow and Center Ridge. Tore right through the wall of the tent with us sleeping inside. That's a pretty agressive bear. I did call the F&G but who knows what will happen from there. I don't know about everybody else, but we saw tracks and shi+ in every canyon we hunted from the waters clear out to almost the Avintaquin! They need to give out a few more tags for those stinky things.

It's always an adventure!!!

I've lost tents to bears the last two years on Diamond Mountain. We were up there this week end and last night from our elk look out we saw 4 different bears. We camped in trailers this year. First time in over 30 years I haven't put up a tent camp. I can't draw a bear tag. BacDoc

I suggest a short letter to the Wildlife Board, just before the next bear hunt hearings. The Board needs to have specific details on bear population trends from the public. It's as easy to e-mail the Board members as it is to post a report here. Just copy and paste what you just wrote.

DC

Bull, Hey! when you said, "We had a bear get a little agressive with us in our wall tent last Thursday night near French Hollow and Center Ridge. Tore right through the wall of the tent with us sleeping inside"

I can't figure why the problem Bear is still alive? If He came through your tent, seems there should be a dead Bear.

They're bad around where i live in Cali too. That's one of the reasons i prefer small cabovers.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Already done did that DC! I talked to the government trapper and that's pretty much all he's done all summer is deal with rogue bears.

It's always an adventure!!!

Over on the Colorado side of the Book Cliffs my son walked off the mountain lastnight in the dark and had 4 encounts at 20 to 30 yards. Said one seemed to be following him until neared an old 2 tracker road.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

the 3 s boys, the 3 S .sooner or later somebody is going to get hurt real bad!!

+1 Joey (with all due respect to Jim)

I've shooed away many bears from camps over the years, but one that aggressive needs to be taken out. They can and will kill you.

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

AWHOLELOTTABULL did you talk to the one that's camped up indian creek I thinks its called pigeon water? if so hes a cool dude last couple years Ive talked to him hes said the same thing way to many bears

I have been keeping a close eye on all the Bear talk this summer. I planed on taking my Daughter and her Dog on my muzzy hunt this year in a canvas tent. Not no more I booked a room at the nearest town so I can enjoy the time with my Daughter. Not up all night worried about a Bear attack!

Jumped a big barrel chested blackie son of a ##### in the Willow Creek area south of Strawberry chasin' elk three weeks back. Saw a pissload of bear crap as well in most drainages.

Jim,
Just saw this story on 2 News.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom