Hunters Domain for LO tags in CO?

BigPig

Very Active Member
Has anyone used Hunters Domain to secure LO tags in CO? Is this legitimate? They advertise multiple tags, but I thought brokering of tags in CO was banned several years ago. How does this work? Not trying to start a debate, please keep it civil, I'm just genuinely wondering if this is a legal and reliable service.

Jimmy has been advertising here on the site for a few years. Buying and reselling LO vouchers is what’s against the rules, but brokers usually do a contract with landowners that allows them to advertise the vouchers and ultimately just have the LO sign the voucher over to the customer.

The rule was put in place to shut the complaints up. Business continues about as it did before.

I think you’re fine working a deal through a broker/agent and I think Jimmy is very trustworthy. I saw your post and just shot him an email to see what he’s thinking he’ll have this year. I might also be in the market.

A broker by any other name would still smell as ...........??. They still broker the tags, they just don’t call it brokering because that is NOT legal. The tag is transferred “directly from landowner” by a “facilitator” who gets a cut of the profits. Really nothing different than before, but they found a loophole. Here is the actual language from the big game booklet:

“The landowner or designated land manager must transfer the voucher
directly to the hunter. A voucher that has been transferred by any person who is not the landowner or designated land manager is void. A voucher that is brokered for another person is void. A hunting license obtained for use with a void voucher is also void. No person shall broker a voucher on behalf of any landowner or person, or use or possess any brokered voucher.”

So as long as you get the voucher directly transferred to you from the landowner, you should be fine. If it comes from anyone else, technically I don’t think that would be legal

Also remember that with the voucher comes access to his private land. Some landowners sell you a tag but tell you you can’t hunt their property. That is not legal

Last edited:
So as long as you get the voucher directly transferred to you from the landowner, you should be fine. If it comes from anyone else, technically I don’t think that would be legal

Also remember that with the voucher comes access to his private land. Some landowners sell you a tag but tell you you can’t hunt their property. That is not legal
Good point txhunter58

Yeah it's still illegal what he's doing but CPW has never enforced the laws.
Dems pull this illegal stuff all the time and other Dems support it.
And CPW gives landowners 20% of the quota!
Things are changing in Colorado and not for the better in my opinion

Last edited:

Pretty interesting to see a guy offering vouchers for sale last fall that had no private access, as he stated it.
buckhorn, not even close to relevant.

Are you saying the “facilitator” mentioned above said no access in his ads? He would not be able to keep me off his property if I bought one. What is he going to do, accuse you of trespassing? No one would take that case

Aren't some of those LO vouchers, unit wide tags designed to offset loss and damage incurred by wildlife? I didn't think they had to come with private land access? I've only bought 1 in my life and hunted public land 20yrs ago, I honestly don't know.

I am about as conservative as you are likely to find, but like the boy that cried wolf, if you blame the Dems for everything, even things they are not responsible for, you dilute the effect. Like people who blame the ammo shortage on them. Not true. And I am sure most of the ranchers selling vouchers are not dems as well.....

Aren't some of those LO vouchers, unit wide tags designed to offset loss and damage incurred by wildlife? I didn't think they had to come with private land access?

There are 2 types of vouchers:
1). Private land only
2). Unit wide

The unit wide vouchers MUST come with access to hunt the private land they are issued for. Plus you can hunt the public in that unit as well.

Here is the exact regulation:

“5. The transfer of a voucher by a landowner or designated land manager must include permission to access and hunt all of the registered land for which the voucher was awarded, and for the entire season for which the voucher was awarded, without discrimination among hunters entering the land. Restrictions are not allowed, except for manner of access (i.e. foot, horseback, vehicle) reasonably necessary to prevent damage to land.“

Land owners are supposed to allow access to their private property to whomever has the voucher for that property. Most do, but there are some who’d rather one not hunt their lands and they make that clear and then just try to sell a voucher to someone who specifically says they won’t hunt the land. If you buy the voucher and hunt their land, as you’d have every right to do, they probably won’t sell it to you ever again.

But any landowner that does that is breaking the law and should be banned from getting vouchers in the future. Not gonna happen though cause the guys buying the vouchers won’t report him

And if he puts that in his ad someone should turn him in

Last edited:
I bought an elk LO voucher once. The rancher offered me it for half price if I agreed to hunt somewhere other than his ranch.

having access to the LO's property is not always what you might think..........his property may only have animals and incur damage in dec, jan, or even february......

Vouchers are only supposed to be awarded to property that has the game in question on it during that season. But that gets stretched pretty thin. And sometimes they are for only 160 acres, so not much land to hunt.

But there is also double dipping: land that gets vouchers but leases to outfitters too, then sells the vouchers with the understanding that you can’t hunt their property. I have even heard of that happening with PLO vouchers. That is really stretching it out there

Vouchers are only supposed to be awarded to property that has the game in question on it during that season. But that gets stretched pretty thin. And sometimes they are for only 160 acres, so not much land to hunt.

But there is also double dipping: land that gets vouchers but leases to outfitters too, then sells the vouchers with the understanding that you can’t hunt their property. I have even heard of that happening with PLO vouchers. That is really stretching it out there
You sure do hear a lot of things all the way in Texas. Most of it is in your own head...

You sure do hear a lot of things all the way in Texas. Most of it is in your own head...
Seriously? Do you know differently? Do you have a lot of experience in this? How many vouchers have you bought? How many acres did it come with? Did you hunt the private?

We have all heard the same exact things over the years. Some on this thread say they agree to not hunting the private to get the voucher. Geez, drink on I guess.

Seriously? Do you know differently? Do you have a lot of experience in this? How many vouchers have you bought? How many acres did it come with? Did you hunt the private?

We have all heard the same exact things over the years. Some on this thread say they agree to not hunting the private to get the voucher. Geez, drink on I guess.
Meh. Rumors. If you don’t like the game don’t play it!

Nripepi: Have you learned to use the ignore button yet? I enjoy a lively debate, but when people stop acting like adults, I block them. They offer nothing I want/need to hear.

Nripepi: Have you learned to use the ignore button yet? I enjoy a lively debate, but when people stop acting like adults, I block them. They offer nothing I want/need to hear.
I will have to learn! I have been using it in my head, but finally slipped up.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom