Hunterstrailhead Paid Outfitter Program?

txhunter58

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-18 AT 07:39PM (MST)[p]

Anyone heard about this or put in for it? Looks intriguing. You sign up and put in your number of points for each species, and it gives you a list of hunts you can start paying an annual premium for. Less for hard to draw hunts, more for easier to draw hunts. These premiums will add up to a max of $3500 for a deer and $4500 for an elk. When you draw, he will pay $1000 more than that: $4500 for a deer and $5500 for an elk to an outfitter/guide for your hunt. If you reach the max premium total before you draw, you are still in, but you don't have to put in any more money.

So if/when you draw, you will save at least $1000 over what you would pay if you book an outfitter yourself. And if you are lucky enough to draw before you reach your max, that is all you pay. In other words, if you draw the first year, you are out only that premium. But the worst you can do is $1000 less than the going rate most outfitters are charging.

He ranks the hunts as level 1 thru level 4. 1 is easiest to draw and 4 is hardest, so 1 is most expensive, etc. You can also change to a new hunt in the following years as long as it is in the same level as the hunt you first put in for. It is also possible for you to move up in levels, but you would then have the make up the difference in the premiums you would have paid under the higher priced options.

Assuming you eventually get drawn, and want to hire an outfitter, I can't see any reason not to do this.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Ponzi? So your money is only good as long as more money comes in to pay out previous dudes? And if it doesn't keep coming in?

Sounds pretty shaky to me.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-18 AT 06:07AM (MST)[p]Why would he do it, if it didn't make enough to buy some groceries? I would assume he would keep some in escrow to pay out each year. But this is probably mostly going to be done by NRs, so the number of tags he has to pay for each year will be small.

It is always possible he goes bankrupt, but he has been around quite a few years, and has a good product, so I foresee him being around for a long time.

Why don't you ask him. I asked him a few questions, and he was quick to send me a reply.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

In my numerous conversations with Jon over the years im confident he is solid and has this planned out to be solvent for years to come.

Hi Tx there's a outfitter in AZ I think, that was the first I ever seen doing that a few years ago and then Charppel outfitters in AZ started doing the same thing. It sounds like a good idea. As far as trailhead I like their site. I was using them the last year before the price increase

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom