Huntin rig's

JR

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-04 AT 09:53PM (MST)[p]The post on plates is one way to show off your rig as a proud hunter of whatever you pursue.How about showing off the huntin rigs that hauls you to the big huntin grounds in the hills.Just finished customizing mine and now I need a plate to go with it as well.
Lets see the rigs fellas.Here is mine!!
Before:
PICT2344.jpg

After:
PICT2351.jpg

PICT2352.jpg

PICT2365.jpg

And Im also proudly showing off my Monster Muley sticker in the back!!!!!!!

That camo really hides that thing... I almost didn't see it in the after pic.... IF IT WEREN'T FOR ALL THAT WHITE PAINT... ha ha ha funny funny...j/k ~G4

~I HUNT THEREFORE I AM~

THATS A NICE RIG!!!

BUT,DO YOU REALLY USE IT OFF ROAD IN REAL ROUGH TERRAIN OR DO YOU USE THE JEEP THAT IS PARKED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF YOUR SUPER DUTY???

YOU CAN'T SCRATCH MY HUNTING RIG,OR AT LEAST YOU CAN'T SEE A NEW SCRATCH ON TOP OF AN OLD SCRATCH!!!

I KNOW A FEW PLACES THAT WOULD TAKE AT LEAST 5000.00 WORTH OF PAINT OFF THAT STROKER IN ONE DAY,I'LL BET YOU USE THAT JEEP DON'T YOU???

MOST PEOPLE WOULD LAUGH AT MY RIG,THATS O.K.,IF I DECIDE TO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT I WILL AND DO!!!

I'D FEEL GUILTY TREATING A RIG LIKE YOURS THE WAY I TREAT MY HUNTING RIG!!!

THE ONLY bobcat RUNNING A HUNTING RIG WITH NOT NEAR THAT MUCH CLASS TO IT!!!

Everybody has different ideas about hunting rigs and lifts and how much $$ they spend on them.Yes i use this truck off road and i also use the jeep with lockers front and rear 35 bfgs and 7 inch lift.Its biult for rock crawlin and gets me in some good hidyholes during the season.I also use my 4 wheeler or the two means of transportation God gave me (feet) . Relax fellas and just show the rigs off no need for a big discussion on why we lift them of spend so much $$ on them or there off road capabilities.Ive takin my jeep,truck and 4 wheeler into some hairy stuff and will continue to do so all in the quest for the big ones.Good luck to all this yearand be safe out there.

Sweet looking rigs, both of them. I like the camo trim, JR. Are those your huntin tires in the last photo?

I dont begrudge anyone spending big bucks on a nice rig, sometimes wish I had one. But I have to agree with saminwy, I have a 2000 Tundra (paid for) that gets me to the airport just fine. :)

Oakbuck

I'm just curious as to why guys put lift kits on trucks. I don't care if you do or want to get into any arguments about it. Just trying to make conversation....

Heres my old POS.

79 Chevy stepside with a 2000 Sportsman 400

4a9dc682.jpg

Heres my new rig

95 Ford PSD

92f53817.jpg

47e2008d.jpg

Notice not much flash or flair to either of the rigs (no lift kits Kingy) I try not to stick to much moola into a vehicle since they are one of the worst investments a person can make IMHO, hence my "new" rig is already 10 years old.

Mike
at235.gif

Well, I don't have any pictures of my "huntin rig" to post, but its a 1990 Nissan Ext cab with heavy duty shocks and 30-9.5X15 traction tires on it. No lift. Lots of rust. Wouldn't notice a new scratch on it. Its also really easy to jack out of the mud because its light and its stable on side hills because of the low center of gravity.

Those rigs in the pictures are really good looking trucks, but they wouldn't work for me. And yes, I hunt area's where those rigs (or any others) can get buried in mud up to their bumpers if you mess up and get in the wrong spot (can you say mud flats?) Pretty tough to use a high lift jack on those big rigs.

Again, those are great looking trucks. Congrats on your project and thanks for showing them off.

I had to lift the truck so I could fit the tires that I liked. I also went from 7 inch wide rims to 10 inch wide rims So I would have rubbed everytime i turned the wheel.

Mike,
In that first picture of your step-side, is that mud or H2S on the side? LOL
A difference in the two rigs is location too, must be close to home in the last 2 pictures as could see buildings in the last one.
You are right, a vehicle is a very large investment and why some go to the trouble of all "extra's" is beyond me. Old saying, "too each his own".
A friend of mind has and had lift kits plus BIG tires and all it did was get him into trouble in thinking he could go "where no man has gone before". Stucked big time in Mud in Colo, needed chains to get up a road with ice on it, stuck in a creek bed in MT because wouldn't listen and also on same trip lost his back window in camper shell because he was stuck off the side of a snow driff and kids trying to pull him out by pulling him backwards to the flat road, threw rocks from their tires and shattered his back camper window. All on the same trip.
Yet he still has them big tires and extra leafsprings to raise his 2001 Ford F-250.
Will be going with him to MT and will have to keep him in tow or we might be out there stuck again.LOL

Brian

1990 f-250
33" bfg mud terrains
and yes, i take it off road as often as possible

pulling my friend's 25' boat to lake tenkiller
GoinFishin.jpg

stuck along the canadian river in oklahoma city

camping in the medicine bow nat. forest in wyoming last year

Krusty.jpg

This is after taking my truck off road while hunting last year in Montana. You can see the rear tire is flat, the front tire is going flat. I took my spare tire off and that was flat. So no more stock tires for me. That Montana Gumbo mud it something else. I am still finding chunks of mud in places. Can't wait to go back this year.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/truck1/truck.jpg[/IMG]

here's another pic. you can't really see the tint, but it's mirrored silver with carribean blue tribal flames in front of the silver
New_Tires_002.jpg

Krusty.jpg

Brian,

That actually is mud stuck to the side of the stepside, one of Wyomings rare September rainshowers while out antelope hunting a few years back. The stepside has gone into semi-retirement, I hate to get rid of the old girl, she was always good to me and I have a soft spot in my heart for her. But she really just sits around and whimpers, especially this time of year when she used to love to be with me on the hunts. Believe it or not, I have never had any of my rigs stuck, I always carry a high lift jack with me and an old folding army shovel, but thankfully never had had to use either. The pics of the crew cab were taken on Casper mountain earlier this spring.

Mike
at235.gif

Here is my old rig (now retired). I'd say that we had a pretty good year, eh? My current rig is a 97 F-350 XLT Crew Cab Powerstroke.
oldbluebulls.jpg

Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

Eric

Nice try Polarbear, but I happen to know who's rig that really is and was there the day the picture was taken. Ive got more to back that up if you wish........

Mike
at235.gif

Hell no it's not my rig! Haahaaaa.... I think that I may have even lifted that pic from this site. I was wondering how long it would take to get nailed on it! I actually did have a 72 Ford Crew Cab that exact same color, but it was 2wd and in a lot better shape that that one when I retired it. I nabbed that pic to freak and old friend that hunted with me in "old blue" in high school. I do, however, own a 97 F-350 Crew Cab.
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

Eric

The one you posted in the pic above happens to be a 79 4x4 and I happen to have been in it for many of its battle scars and was probably responsible for a few of them personally. It has long since been retired.

Mike
at235.gif

>Hell no it's not my rig!
> Haahaaaa.... I think
>that I may have even
>lifted that pic from this
>site. I was wondering
>how long it would take
>to get nailed on it!
> I actually did have
>a 72 Ford Crew Cab
>that exact same color, but