Hunting accident

That is a very tragic story repeated many times. I came close when a gun was removed and the gun discharged missing by 3 inches at my waist level. My Father lectured my brother who didn't empty the .308.

That is a very tragic story repeated many times. I came close when a gun was removed and the gun discharged missing by 3 inches at my waist level. My Father lectured my brother who didn't empty the .308.
As a hunter ed instructor, we have to review fatalities and injuries every year and the circumstances are always preventable and sad.

Very sad story Father and Son just loving the outdoors and hunting together and then tragedy hits.
Very close to mine and my son's age and we hunt together every year...
Thoughts and Prayers to the family

Your assumption would be 100% wrong
It wasn’t avoidable? I beg to differ. They didn’t lack experience? Who climbs over a rock face while you’re deer or elk hunting? You can always walk around. Short cuts are dangerous. And to hand a loaded gun up to someone? Yeaaah sounds like two guys used to hunting s cornfield….

Such a sad story. Heard there was another hunting accident over the weekend too…

I Heard of another Accident in Wyoming where the Son Accidentally Shot His Dad!

I'm Perty Sure It Happens Other Places Rather Than just Hunters From KALI SS!

Be Careful Guys & Gals & Kids!
Reading comprehension.

Yes the other story from the weekend just breaks a guys heart…

Such a sad situation and a reminder to always practice firearm safety especially in the field.
The other accident is a heartbreaker incident as well!
On a side note a few weeks ago I got into a debate about having a loaded round in the chamber with the saftey on. I will never hunt this way but apparently many think it’s acceptable.

I to am a HE instructor, we were just informed that we can start in person class's ( the only way to do it right in my opinion)
we teach the students of all the horrible accidents that we know of, and stress about proper firearm handling or archery for that matter. There was a post somewhere about an archery accident in Colorado just a month or two ago... WTF really make sure of your target and what is beyond!!! RIGHT
my condolences to the family

It wasn’t avoidable? I beg to differ. They didn’t lack experience? Who climbs over a rock face while you’re deer or elk hunting? You can always walk around. Short cuts are dangerous. And to hand a loaded gun up to someone? Yeaaah sounds like two guys used to hunting s cornfield….

Such a sad story. Heard there was another hunting accident over the weekend too…
Ever hunted montana? Or wyoming?
.many places, we hunt in both states, where
Going around isnt possible
Yes, they should have uloaded their firearms
But i wont say much becauae i never unload mine until im back in camp or my vehicle. (and ive been hunting for 40+ yrs,) And ive scaled many rock piles and cliff faces while chaseing big game @9-11,000 feet with my firearn, fully loaded
Not always, a, way around.
We, all make mistakes, nobody is perfect
Not even you. Go back and curl up inside your bottle ss, about all your good for getting drunk and running your mouth

Last edited:
I didn't identify above who was getting the gun out from behind the seat but it was my Dad. My brother left the bullet in the chamber. He shot a cleaning rod out of a .22 rifle that missed my leg so. Other stories where I was missed by bullets but I don't want to brag...??

Such a sad situation and a reminder to always practice firearm safety especially in the field.
The other accident is a heartbreaker incident as well!
On a side note a few weeks ago I got into a debate about having a loaded round in the chamber with the saftey on. I will never hunt this way but apparently many think it’s acceptable.
I will not carry a loaded rifle when hunting near someone else. I have some friends that do, but I don't.

But i wont say much becauae i never unload mine until im back in camp or my vehicle. (and ive been hunting for 40+ yrs,) And ive scaled many rock piles and cliff faces while chaseing big game @9-11,000 feet with my firearn, fully loaded
Not even you. Go back and curl up inside your bottle ss, about all your good for getting drunk and running your mouth
You scaled cliff faces huh? What type of rope and anchors you use? Or are you Alex from free solo?

I don't care what State you're from that would be your worst nightmare. Killing your son or dad because you're a complete idiot would be hard to live with. Even worse would be watching them die while waiting for help to arrive. I wonder how your last conversation would go?

SS, the only positive would be they were hunting Wyoming so it was only a matter of time before a grizzly got one or both of them anyway.

I don't care what State you're from that would be your worst nightmare. Killing your son or dad because you're a complete idiot would be hard to live with. Even worse would be watching them die while waiting for help to arrive. I wonder how your last conversation would go?

SS, the only positive would be they were hunting Wyoming so it was only a matter of time before a grizzly got one or both of them anyway.
The odds were stacked against them for sure. One could also blame wolves. If there were no wolves there would be more elk and they could of shot one from the truck.

Very sad.
Unfortunately this seem to happen every year. And can be prevented with safety. When I was a kid I use to hunt with a round in the chamber and safety on. Until that day I laid down to shot a buck and the gun fired when I flipped the safety off.

That’s a option I agree with with. I’ve been hunting 50 plus years now and it’s easy to second guess after the fact. I feel for the son and family of this man. What a joy to hunt as father and son ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom