Hunting Bears in Unit 43 or 39?

HAP

I'm going to be hunting bears in Idaho this coming weekend with my 8 and 10 year old. I've been doing a lot of e-scouting on both sides of 39 and 43 and I might have a few general areas picked out.

Which would you say is a better unit? I'm not opposed to taking ideas or tips on where I should go.

I also plan on using bait.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If you are baiting, I have found that you will have one really good bait, and maybe a not so good bait. So, bait in at least 2 places, whether that be 43 or 39. The 2 places should be far enough from each other. I think it will be less about the unit, and more about placement, whether bears find the bait, and bait separation.

If you are baiting, I have found that you will have one really good bait, and maybe a not so good bait. So, bait in at least 2 places, whether that be 43 or 39. The 2 places should be far enough from each other. I think it will be less about the unit, and more about placement, whether bears find the bait, and bait separation.

Thanks for the tip! I'll do that.

Any luck?

Not yet, last weekend I went up for a few days and did some scouting, put out some bait and a camera. I’m going back in 2 weeks and will spend 8 straight days there. I’ll keep posting updates. Even though it’s pretty far back in the boonies I still get reception surprisingly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom