Hunting CA X10

Lainez11

Just found out my party and I won the drawing for X10. Cant wait to go, but I dont know where to start. I figured I need to stay away from roads and the hiking trails. Plan on going on a Scouting trip next week. And just paid for a few USGS maps. I'm not asking anyone to give up there secret honey hole...just want to be pointed in the right direction. Any info would be greatly appreciated...ooh yeah plan on posting the hunt up on YouTube as well. Just for fun.

Thats a really hard zone to hunt as you probably already know. X10 has one of the lowest success rates of any X zone hunt. Be ready to hunt hard and long in order to get a buck. They are in there and some nice ones but they dont get killed often

Good luck

Amazing, really. When I hunted X10 in the mid-80's, it was one of the "hot" X-Zones, and the success rate was around 30%. Saw plenty of deer, and I wound up shooting a small 4x4 on the west slope of Olancha Peak out of Monache Meadows.

The 80's hay days are long gone the xzone I use to hunt gave out 2000 tags in the 80's now it's 600

Well just went on my first Scouting trip last Sunday. Very nice area. The roads were closed past the ranger station, but the range was a very nice lady and helpful. Planning on hunting the Golden Trout Wilderness area, and will be hunting on horse back... we have never hunted on horses. But my dad is a hardcore rider with a few horses he says would be good for riding. Planning on going again soon hopefully the roads will be open and will trailer a few horses just for the day.

Went on my second trip!! I am really surprised at how beautiful the area is. Lots of water and streams. Saw a very good sized black bear just before the ranger station. We went on horse back into the Golden trout wilderness thinking their would be alot less traffic. Found some fresh bear poop on the trail and saw a doe. We really didnt stop to glass much. But I have been constantly playing with Google earth and found a possible spike camp area and a few ridge tops that look promising. Figured I could camp near a moutain and can hike to the top and have a good lookout point into a few directions. Was a lot of fun with horses. Dont know when I will be able to go again soon Hopefully..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom