Hunting camps

Horsecorn

Very Active Member
Here’s mine let’s see yours,
1677988102076.jpeg

I wish I still had this trailer. I had so many good hunts and memorable times in this trailer. Pop up's are the way to go for easy camping/pulling if the area permits. The only issue I had with this trailer is that it was prone to blow outs. I went through about 6 tires in a 12 year span. The nice thing is you can go to Walmart and buy a replacement for $80...rim and everything. I always had 2 on hand. Sold it for the same as my wife paid for it. I do miss it...

camp.jpg

How'd the old pack frame do? Do you prefer it to the large stuff sack meat packing style? Just curious....I have one of the old metal frame types from when my Dad and I would go into D13 for the weekend.
I’ve tried a number of the “new” type packs and I like them until I load 10-12 days worth of essential stuff in them.
I’ve had this very same pack since my first backpack Dall sheep hunt in 1981 and I’ve used it on a ton of backpack hunts since then.
I’m old and oldschool anyway. Haha

Zeke

How Many Wheelers You Runnin BLooD?
Normally one or just a mtn bike. That was my dads last elk hunt before his heart condition ended his hunting career. So my dad had his, brother (who has never hunted) had his, I had mine and my buddy had his. They are beneficial when used properly. We could have never gotten as far in as we did to give my dad literally the opportunity of a lifetime on public lands. It was one of those “50 inch wide dedicated” atv trails.

Wyo antelope hunt camp with son:
View attachment 105177
Always nice to have a rig to take the edge off the rough part of the hunt. Tent camped most of my life. Went home early many times due to a soaked tent or gear. Once I tapped into the trailer world, life in the hills changed forever lol!

I can hunt as hard as I want knowing home was dry and warm waiting for me at the end of day. Gives me peace of mind to go and do/give everything I have to fully enjoy the hunting experience.

I can so relate! Between snowed in tents, mice running over my head at 2AM, and cattle knocking things over- the camper has been a great extender of my hunting life.

Always nice to have a rig to take the edge off the rough part of the hunt. Tent camped most of my life. Went home early many times due to a soaked tent or gear. Once I tapped into the trailer world, life in the hills changed forever lol!

I can hunt as hard as I want knowing home was dry and warm waiting for me at the end of day. Gives me peace of mind to go and do/give everything I have to fully enjoy the hunting experience.
What I love about alpine hunting is the ability to take camp with me every day and sleep where we end up. It is a process to keep everything dry but its becomes 2nd nature.

I can relate on changing hunting tactics when you know you have a warm place to sleep to dry your gear off. We had such a place last fall so I said **** the rain jackets etc, I just got absolutely soaked each day and didn't give two focks.

For those of you that have axed me about the inside......

The add-on room is mainly storage/staging area with the ladder up.

Inside the trlr is mainly my cooking/dressing area.

Yes, I added more support welding to the trlr roof to support the extra weight of the roof top tent and for 2 peole to sleep inside the tent.

Robb

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

Whoa pleasedeer! Tell me it ain’t true! Tell me you found it in the hills and hung it there until you could properly dispose of it!

Back in the day, before flatty’s were invented, we had visor hats for that species!

Damn blood- I'm gonna have to start reviewing my pics before posting. You'll probably sniff out some Sitka items accidently hanging around one of my camps. (Note- no IDEA how it got there)

Montana moose hunt.
89CB4D58-5F6D-4336-BC20-B03505320F4B.jpeg

About 30 years ago I got tired of waking up with my beard frozen to my pillow. Started buying tents with stoves and Installed stove in the others. Makes winter camping comfortable. Tents are like backpacks, you can never have enough.

All closed up and ready to roll. Back to its normal life as an enclosed trlr use.

Blood---it's de@r/ dear not deer.....

I had some pre-skin cancer spots removed from my forehead, so I wore a visor to protect the bandages/surgery as it was too hot for a ball cap.

That cancer chit is scary and spreads so dang fast under the skin.

Robb

IMG_0851.JPG

The Mini Hollywood Hotel Right There!

All closed up and ready to roll. Back to its normal life as an enclosed trlr use.

Blood---it's de@r/ dear not deer.....

I had some pre-skin cancer spots removed from my forehead, so I wore a visor to protect the bandages/surgery as it was too hot for a ball cap.

That cancer chit is scary and spreads so dang fast under the skin.

Robb

View attachment 105522

Last edited:
I’ve used one in the past. Very convenient and basic..

71FB46D6-904A-4587-AB97-CE5E7C443F05.png

Only thing I didn’t like was tires…I felt like they were under rated with an atv on the top. Drug it down south and one of my tires was about ready to pop from severe wear. Both looked similar.

Looked at the jumping jack trailer several times, but pretty expensive for what they are. Stayed with larger trailer to haul atv's and wall tents.

Buddy had this for several years and was nice. Double axle and 2 atv's fit on deck.

This was our colorado elk rifle camp.

20141124_093033.jpg

No one uses one of these?

Robb

View attachment 105753
Ya, I bought one used a couple years ago, paid $3500 for it. It is like brand new and came with a bunch of accessories. It works well for how I roll. I wouldn't pay what they are asking for them new though.
Here it is last year at Turkey camp.
IMG_3145.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom