Hunting gloves

Best way to keep your hands working is to use a waist hand muff with "Hot Hands" chemical warmers.

As for gloves these are the best; Hanz Cold Weather Military issue glove insert. Get the L/XL size they come in two different colors, Tan & Green.

Buy them now thank me later.

I know the OP said cold weather but for active use in just cool (30's+) and dry conditions, I can recommend mechanix tactical fastfit work gloves in tan or camo. They are awesome fit and pretty cheap. Probably good idea to have both a warm/waterproof glove for cold/wet conditions or colder sits AND a light tactical glove in the pack for the more moderate temps and/or sweaty hikes.

I use a combination of a good pair of leather gloves for hiking, bucking brush and packing meat combined with a good weatherproof glommit for sitting

For the last 15 or so years I have just used green military surplus wool blend liner gloves. I have no problem shooting with them on. However, in the part of the country where I live and mostly hunt I’m rarely out when it get lower that the teens.

I have tried many pairs of gloves in many different conditions as Blackbear said two types will get you through most hunts the best. a leather pair for dicking around in, and a cold pair (which is your question). My answer is actually a duck hunting glove, what makes it nice is when the time comes to shoot you have a free hand to do so, but the downside is if it is really cold there is not protection to that hand while its out unless you are in a light weight pair at the same time. Check out the SITKA Calliers Glove, its a warm thick glove with a muff pocket on it that your trigger hand slides into. Great for bow hunting, rifle shooting and duck hunting. my favorite all around glove.

Get a good pair of merino wool glove liners & a good pair of Waterproof leather gloves , if your going to be in really cold weather throw a pair of mittens in your pack & a heavier pair of wool gloves. Watch { camofire.com } they always have gloves & liners on there

For the last 15 or so years I have just used green military surplus wool blend liner gloves. I have no problem shooting with them on. However, in the part of the country where I live and mostly hunt I’m rarely out when it get lower that the teens.

If I look closely at the guys working/hunting in really cold condition, I see oversized leather mitts, with wool mitts or wool glove inserts. Over sized to allow for quick removal and good blood circulation in your hands. Surprising how much you can do with good mitts on, right up until it’s time to shoulder your weapon and pull the trigger.

There are great gloves and mittens made by winter sports companies like Outdoor Research that outperform the hunting company gloves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom