hunting-pictures.com

K

kidneystone

Do any of you have any experience with "hunting-pictures.com" to host your photos. I have attempted to register several times but a password is never sent to my e-mail address. "Webshots" on the other hand only works for my signature (below), not for larger photos.
I thought it would be easier to get a picture posted. ANY HELP???

kidney

58090883cqiEsi_th.jpg

I have been using hunting-pictures only after I figured how to post the pictures. Never had a problem with a password either.

Kidney,
I also had the same problem with them,I finally went to BizHost.com and got my own subdomain name and created a web site of my own,You can do this also and its free doesnt cost ya a thing but time,It is not really hard they have templates that you can chose from to make your pages with,you get like 25 megs of space or something like that but then you can post your own pictures there and they will be on a server so you can post them here with ease, Give them a try you cant go wrong its free.

smiley-faces-toast-beers.gif

Tagline

I tried imagestation. They have never sent me an e-mail. It's been 2 weeks. Tried several times too, no luck???

Hello Kidnetstone,

If you want to avoid all the hassle with the free image hosting websites just get your own domain for $8.95 and then pay a monthly webhost $5.00 a month to store your pics.

The pics will ALWAYS have the same address so you don't have to worry about a website that goes belly up like Photopoint, or try and claim your copyright like Yahoo did, or stop off site pic transfers like Tripod and Geocities did or create other problems like HuntingPictures.com.

One web hosting company I can recommend that is fairly cheap in cost is AlphaOmegaHosting. They have great website hosting and their customer service has been outstanding. Danny is the owner and he is a good guy. If you're looking for a small website for yourself to put pics on they have a great $4.95 month special which gives you 100 megs of storage and 5 gigs of transfer. If you need more room they have several other plans for bigger needs.

http://www.alphaomegahosting.com/

With your own domain name, your pic links will stay the same if you have to move to a new server and there won't be the little red Xs that indicate a broken pic link. With 100 megs of server space you can store a ton of pics, add a talk forum like this one, even add a chat or make a bunch of webpages too.

Bottom line is every free pic hosting website I've seen eventually had problems. Why not skip the headache phase and jump right to the easy solution. I know how much a pain in the wazoo it is to upload all your pics only to have them not be accessable to you to post somewhere. Do it once to your own domain and then forget about the problems.

~spectr17

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/forums/

I started mine there a few weeks ago and didnt have a problem with getting signed up. I have alot of photos on there actually. I dont remember them sending me no password though But I will check and see what it is about.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-03 AT 08:28PM (MST)[p]actually just checked and they did send me a password for it but I went and changed it after I got in there. That is wierd they didnt send it to you.
Email them and tell them here is the email address:
[email protected]
this is off mine for questions or answers.

Hey KidneyStone,

I have been using hunting-pictures.com and really like it. However, I had a lot of trouble registering also. I found out that it does not like AOL and when I used excite it worked fine. Now after I registered I use it through AOL and it works I just could not register through it. I hope that helps, Jon

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-03 AT 06:45PM (MST)[p]Now, my picyures won't post ... good grief.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-03 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]OK, I'm a dumb butt. I got hunting-pictures to work. So, I get the pictures URL address from the picture properties. I post this URL in my post in UBB code just like I do with my signature (see below). IT'S STILL NOT WORKING!!

58090883cqiEsi_th.jpg

You have to end the URL with .JPG. Just type in .JPG after the url and it should work. Good luck...

Mike
----------
screen.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom