Hunting Region G Around Sacajawea Campground

B

beehunter

New member here from Indiana. I was drawn for Mule Deer in region G, Wyoming. I have never hunted farther west than Nebraska and am really looking foreward to hunting Wyoming for Mule Deer. I am hunting with 3 other hunters and will be camping at Sacajawea Campground. I have been reading up on the area and looking at maps but would appreciate any tips or advice on hunting the area in gun season on Oct 1st.

Sacajawea Campground is on the road to Middle Piney lake off of Middle Piney rd. out west of Big Piney.

Wyoming Peak is in the west back behind the Lake, trails around the lake take you back there. Some big Bucks up there and they get the pressure from the Greys River crowd, so the big ones head to the top and maybe then dropped down into this area, just a guess on this part but not much pressure I would think from the east side of Wyoming Peak/Range area.

Mount Schilder just to the north of the campgrounds is another good area to check out.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Brian

Thanks for the info. Would we be better off hunting the BLM ground to the East or the area around the campground?

Don't know but if you have the time, check it out too is all I can suggest.
North of there along that road leading north to Cottonwood Creek area on the west side of river/creek was a big burn about 4 years ago, might as well check that out too or keep an eye open there.
Too many areas around there to check, been awhile since I was there to give you a better idea, sorry.

Brian

I will definetly check out the burn. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom