Hunting regs too confusing.

mtmuley

Long Time Member
Since I am on a rant, there is another implant here in Montana that is of the opinion our hunting regs are too confusing to understand. So much so, that he only put in for antelope, and his wife just gave up altogether. If you cannot understand the regs, you SHOULD stay home. I don't want people with weapons that can't read the rules out in the woods. mtmuley

Amen to that! I think its more that they dont want to spend the time required to get to know the regulations. Montanas regs arent that tough to decipher at all in my opinion.
ismith
48461bbc1c983664.jpg

I think MT regulations are probably one of the most complex there is... if you grew up with it, its no big deal, but jezzuz, the last set of deer/elk must be over a 100 pages. Most states have a 2-3 page booklet.

Montana is a big state. With all the districts and different seasons in each, the regulations seem overwhelming. It's not that tough to find the district that one would like to hunt and read that portion. To give up and not hunt because of the regs complexity? Not much of a hunter I bet. mtmuley

I'm a non rez been hunting MT for 20 years & don't think they are too confusing. Try WA fishing regs, ya need a lawyer to figure them out. I've even seen game wardens not know them.

Yeah, I think you need to figure out what areas you want to hunt then decipher those portions. No way, someone could understand or remember the lot of it. Definitely more complex areas, thank god I only hunt region 1.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom