Hunting season is here!

mevertsen

Very Active Member
My daughter and I start our Nevada August Marathon today...

Archery antelope for her 141,143, 151 to 156.

Next week archery deer for me and junior deer for her. 151 to 156.

Then 078, 105 to 107, 109 muzzle loader cow for me.

I work 8 days this month.

20220801_051754.jpg

We're trying something with a white bag on a stick at a distance from her. She's sitting next to an h brace. Never done this before.

I had an archery tag 15 years ago and did it all spot and stalk.

This may work, it may not. Lots of critters to screw up on! ?

That’s the beauty of antelope hunting - target rich environment usually. Good luck!

We're trying the white bag again. We've been full circle all day. And she has a group bedded 200 yards from a hay field. We've bee. Doing cat and mouse with this guy for the last couple hours.

They bedded down at one point and I misjudged where they were. Drove the truck inside 100 yards before they got up. Oops.

20220801_163329.jpg

20220801_153842.jpg

20220801_153853.jpg

Good luck to you and your daughter! That morning face made me smile :)

Amazing you can get that close to them in those units. The ones I hunted in Area 11 were so skittish, I would start seeing dust clouds if I got closer than 700 yards.

Also, for a second, I thought those mounting holes on your truck bed were bullet holes :D

A couple stalks today. She had 2 bucks at 35 yards... standing side by side, then they took off and wouldn't stop, no shot.

A doe she had at 60 yards while sitting this morning, some triplet deer, a buck way to high on the mountain to even make an attempt at.

all in all a fun day!
IMG_20220802_064554.jpg
20220802_130354.jpg
20220802_101226.jpg

They keep making me work my weekends but I still have some time to try to spend a weekend camping or something so I can at least set foot on the unit before go time.

Spot and stalk antelope archery.....give you guys props...that seems nearly impossible. I really hope she is successful.

Still hanging in there...

My daughter is realizing how difficult it is to kill a speed goat with a stick.

This ks her first attempt at archery only for something.

Plan tomorrow is to abandon the hay fields and head to the steep canyons where we were yesterday and saw 2 bucks on water holes.

if ya got the patience sit on the water for a few hours.
Anyway i probably aint telling you anything you dont know.
I think ya got a good crowd rooting for her!

Well, today was probably the worst possible day to sit water. We sat from 615 to 215. It rained 7 of those 8 hours.

No antelope

Getting a few drops in Fallon atm, so figure the rest of the state is wet!!!

Hang in there, love the updates!

Hopefully that means it will affect antler growth
Nope. They're done

One thread in the NV forum shows a bull shed already and I saw a group of bucks yesterday where one was mostly gray and the other was half red and half gray.

Last edited:
Having fun and making memories. That’s what it’s all about. Did you bring a pop up blind?

Pretty awesome experience.

I remember on a difficult hunt when I was learning I started to complain. My buddy who was teaching me, looked right at me and said “Shut the ____ up! This is hunting!” I never complained after that day lol.

We're trying the white bag again. We've been full circle all day. And she has a group bedded 200 yards from a hay field. We've bee. Doing cat and mouse with this guy for the last couple hours.

They bedded down at one point and I misjudged where they were. Drove the truck inside 100 yards before they got up. Oops.

View attachment 82753

View attachment 82754

View attachment 82755
Get you a decoy they work great for antelope spot and stalk if you haven’t already tried one. @ultimatepredator gear
Best of luck!

Been out in 151-156 for an archery antlered deer tag and so far no luck finding any bucks. Anyone got any pointers on the area? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am finding a few. They are around. A fair amount of young bucks. 2 four points I have found. 3 days hunting. 3 stalks. 1 shot missed at 40 yards, 1 deer got up to feed at 165, and I totally blew a stalk on a 4 point and spike. 1 buck was crossing the road I had no chance at and another was not feasible to go after.

20230812_080733.jpg

20230818_181116.jpg

20230819_125257.jpg

I am finding a few. They are around. A fair amount of young bucks. 2 four points I have found. 3 days hunting. 3 stalks. 1 shot missed at 40 yards, 1 deer got up to feed at 165, and I totally blew a stalk on a 4 point and spike. 1 buck was crossing the road I had no chance at and another was not feasible to go after.

Thank you it gives me hope knowing someone’s seeing them, I just gotta keep going until I find a little honeyhole of them. It’s been a little different this year too with having my 7 year old boy with me trying to learn the ropes of hunting. Little harder to get as deep into some places as I’d like too but hopefully I can get it done and show him how to make it happen.
Thanks again.
I hope you get to make another play on that 4 pointer would be awesome to see a big buck come out of there!

I havent left the road to find any deer. Wife and 8 year old in tow.
That’s awesome to see! It’s definitely new for me my son just recently showed a large interest in hunting so this is his first time out with me doing it so I’m hoping this helps create a lifelong passion for him.
I’m heading back out this weekend so I’m glad to know it isn’t about the lack of foot miles I’ve been putting down though so hoping for some luck this time around.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom