Hunting with Covid

Firedad

Tomorrow is go time, my first archery tag and I have been scouting leading up to this point. Practicing with my bow, shooting different distances up hill and down too and I can’t get past how many people I keep running into out there. ATVs, UTVs and OHVs everywhere are going to add to the complexity along with the lack of weather to push deer from CA. I’m going into this with optimism but I’d be lying if I said there were no doubts. Wish me luck

Good Luck out there. I could be worse, hunting archery at 0 degrees and a 10 or 15 mile wind. You will get 'em!

Ya it’s probably 25% higher traffic out there but resident buck will be out there. I drove the west side today and didn’t see many deer. Ya two feet of snow would help but might hinder stalks?

Haha read the title and finally thought I'd found another hunter who's season was totally ruined by Covid like mine. But apparently I'm still the only one? Contracted it right in the middle of awesome deer hunt November 4th. Symptoms began November 9th and ran through the 19th. All peak rut. I could not move without running out of breath. Quarantined in my Kodiak tent for 10 days. Lost 18 pounds. Food tasted like vomit. Then came bonus 14 days of horrible chicken pox like rash. The last thing I was worried about was if there were a few more campers or ATV's than usual.

How did it go Firedad?
Took awhile to reply but here it is. My first archery hunt was awesome. I saw doe, I’d see bucks. I put stalks on multiple bucks, some small, some not so small and one toad. Unfortunately there were always sooo many eyes and ears my stalks were blown but man what an experience. I can’t wait for another chance

Took awhile to reply but here it is. My first archery hunt was awesome. I saw doe, I’d see bucks. I put stalks on multiple bucks, some small, some not so small and one toad. Unfortunately there were always sooo many eyes and ears my stalks were blown but man what an experience. I can’t wait for another chance
Welcome to archery hunting! Even with a blown stalk, there's plenty of adrenaline involved.

Haha read the title and finally thought I'd found another hunter who's season was totally ruined by Covid like mine. But apparently I'm still the only one? Contracted it right in the middle of awesome deer hunt November 4th. Symptoms began November 9th and ran through the 19th. All peak rut. I could not move without running out of breath. Quarantined in my Kodiak tent for 10 days. Lost 18 pounds. Food tasted like vomit. Then came bonus 14 days of horrible chicken pox like rash. The last thing I was worried about was if there were a few more campers or ATV's than usual.
That China Virus has not been a fun gift. Seems to hit some worst than others? My SIL and 2 grandchildren got it and really did not affect them much.

That China Virus has not been a fun gift. Seems to hit some worst than others? My SIL and 2 grandchildren got it and really did not affect them much.
I even left out the part that on Nov. 17th I had to go to the emergency room at 1:00 AM due to my O2 level dropping 8 points in one day from 95 to 87, which resulted in me being incoherent. Doctor told me I was borderline needing to be admitted. But they pumped me up well enough to drive home. Also spend 7 hours packing my truck on the 18th, typically a one hour job. But I had to sit down for 15 minutes each time I loaded an item or two.

I even left out the part that on Nov. 17th I had to go to the emergency room at 1:00 AM due to my O2 level dropping 8 points in one day from 95 to 87, which resulted in me being incoherent. Doctor told me I was borderline needing to be admitted. But they pumped me up well enough to drive home. Also spend 7 hours packing my truck on the 18th, typically a one hour job. But I had to sit down for 15 minutes each time I loaded an item or two.
That is serious. I work in EMS and have read many doctors were reporting low O2 sats, as low as 50s and 60s but patients acted as nothing was wrong, even preoccupied with their cell phones before being put to sleep to be intubated. Normally doctors would see these sat levels in patients who were on their way to the promise land

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom