Hybrid Broadhead

Ultramag78

What is everyones thoughts of using a hybrid broadhead? I am going to get new broadheads and not sure what to get fixed, mechanical's, or hybrid.

If your hunting elk, I feel a well tuned fixed is the only way to go..however, a grim reaper does well on deer and speed goats. I’m sure fellas have done very well with elk also with these heads.
Deflection can be an issue with an expandable and hybrids for that matter.( quartering away and quartering to shots.)

I have shot 6 animals in 7 years with SOLID Broadhead’s . Complete arrow penetration on all, but one animal. Shots ranged from 18 yds.. and beyond. The 18 yd. shot was the non- pass through hit rib and opposite side shoulder. Still buried to the fletching.

Depends on what state also.

Fixed broadheads all the way. I have shot quite a few animals with Grim Reaper and Rage mechanicals over the years but never been as impressed as with my fixed broadheads. I just recently started using Iron Will Broadheads last year and absolutely love these expensive little guys, and they are the most consistent and accurate broadheads I have come across over the years. I will be sticking with them for a while until I find something else that flies better.

I also like fixed broadheads. My choice are G5 Montecs. Great penetration and tough. I have taken two cow elk using the same broadhead, re-sharpened of course.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom