I’m bored so here’s my license plate….

Buckfever34

…anyone else got a cool hunting plate ?

43680F31-49EA-4EA1-89EC-A598F2BEE86B.jpeg

I refuse to even put hunting stickers on any of my rides. Just an old habit of not advertising what I do. In my younger years we would elk hunt in “secret” spots that you could definitely see a guy parked where you go in. Buddy of mine went so far as to buy a pos Honda accord that looked like a tweaker ride. We’d take that and park on the side of the road where we went in so people would think it’s just druggies back in there. It actually worked pretty good. I always crack up at the guys with the hush and muley freak stickers all over their ride.

I refuse to even put hunting stickers on any of my rides. Just an old habit of not advertising what I do. In my younger years we would elk hunt in “secret” spots that you could definitely see a guy parked where you go in. Buddy of mine went so far as to buy a pos Honda accord that looked like a tweaker ride. We’d take that and park on the side of the road where we went in so people would think it’s just druggies back in there. It actually worked pretty good. I always crack up at the guys with the hush and muley freak stickers all over their ride.

If I lived where mule deer lived, I’d probably feel the same way. Out here in Indiana nobody can probably comprehend what either plate means!

Most of my hunting is done front an Enterprise rental or a guide’s truck.

I also don’t like stickers or anything that gives me attention. However, I have always thought a license plate of 223 REM would be okay since it kind of looks like a random number the state computer would issue, at least one that could have happened in or around 2003 in AZ. The older plates had a small saguaro cactus separating the three numbers from the three letters. Now it doesn’t work like that. I’ve had the same plate on two different trucks for 20 years now, and it’s not a personalized one. I’ve never had one of those. As far as decals go, I like to buy friends the Tapout sticker and put it on their vehicle without their permission. We have a good laugh when we see it and joke about how manly it is to have one.

I was in Nebraska last weekend and I saw a plate that made my wife and I shake our heads and wonder WTF it was 4 letter word for rooster that starts with Co and ends with K
I can't even get it past the censor on the site to post it. lol
Why???

The best window sticker I ever saw was on the Oak Creeks in Utah in February a few years ago--in huge letters across the back windshield of that jacked up Dodge it said 'BONE HOUND'

I laughed my a$$ off at that one--imagine that driving through san fran or LA or another big city. Has a totally different meaning doesn't it?... I mean shed hunting is already kinda gay but that was pretty funny.

Regarding license plates and stickers; I always figured if a thief wanted a gun, all they had to do was find an NRA sticker or muley something sticker on a license plate/window and I'm betting they could quickly find a gun in a truck with those tags. I never wanted the attention.

I am cool with the stickers and the plates. I don't have any, but it makes no difference to me whether someone is proud of their hunting interests or their favorite team. Show it if you like. Those who do not hunt need to recognize that many still do, even though they may not cruise around with a buck thrown over the back tire. As far as giving away your hunting spot, in any small town I've been, everyone knows everyone else's vehicle, anyway, and it is no secret what you are up to in the woods come October. No doubt there are many who know where I park, but most won't want to follow me to "my spot" because they cannot get there in their side-by-sides and don't want to drag a buck two miles.

I served 4+ years in submarines on the Blue Crew of the USS Thomas Edison, SSBN-610.

P.S.- I think that anyone who served in subs has been watching the events of the Titanic sub dive with great interest. When we know more about outer space, than we do of our own oceans, it's amazing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom