I bought a man bun gun ! ?

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
Well I got tired of waiting for Tikka to come out with a 6.5 PRC. So I bought a 6.5 Creedmoor. But not for long. I found a gun smith that can covert it to a 6.5 PRC very affordability. Shaen Rifles is out about three weeks to convert it over. This is the new Tikka Veil T3x it has a fluted barrel and bolt. Cerakote coated bronze and a thread muzzle break. Oh, I got my can out of jail after a year. Got some goodies on the way. Hopefully get it put together this weekend.

F75EB94F-117C-4649-B511-0C11C608B774.jpeg

6590A940-51BA-457A-95B2-0626C0DFC400.jpeg

Very cool looking.
I had a friend ask about converting a standard action to the PRC size (quite extensive work) and I told him it's beyond my pay-grade. Hey JT, who is doing the action conversion and chambering for you?... and I'll pass it along to my friend.
Zeke

Wow, that can looks like a 50gal drum!
Who is packing that thing for you JT?:oops:
And is that a shooting bench off a hotel deck???
Kinda sketchy looking stuff right there. o_Oo_O:LOL:

Wow, that can looks like a 50gal drum!
Who is packing that thing for you JT?:oops:
And is that a shooting bench off a hotel deck???
Kinda sketchy looking stuff right there. o_Oo_O:LOL:
The suppressor is a Amtac Mantis . It’s only 9 1/2 inches long and a 4 inch over the barrel suppressor. It is a 30 caliber can for my 300 Tejas. A 6.5 can soon to be in the works. The Tikka weights 6.6 pounds. It was the last one in the store. So with all of this craziness going on I grab it. My shooting bench which I love ! Is a DOA Tactical shooting bench. Made right here in Saint George. I leave it set up on my back deck and have a shooting range in my backyard. But before you go think I am blasting away back there. It’s for my long range BB gun from Utah air guns. It’s a pcp 22 caliber rifle with a can of course. ? Got to keep in practice. Come on now I know most of you on here are just as crazy as I am. Well right ? ???

Very cool looking.
I had a friend ask about converting a standard action to the PRC size (quite extensive work) and I told him it's beyond my pay-grade. Hey JT, who is doing the action conversion and chambering for you?... and I'll pass it along to my friend.
Zeke
Sent you a pm

I got a scope mounted up ! Going to let my dad try it out on our cow elk hunt starting this weekend. She shoots pretty nice. It’s my first Tikka. Definitely need to spice it up a little with the 6.5 Prc. The 6.5 creedmoor hits a little soft past 500 yards. The Sig scope will probably not stay on the gun long term. But trying out the Bdx system. It will work ok for hunting. But has its limits for target shooting. I also have a bog pod carbon fiber death grip coming. It was supposed to be here tomorrow. But they bumped it to Saturday now. My dad is 84 it should help him stay hunting. His old 300 win mag hits him to hard now and he complains it’s heavy.

8D02B768-58E8-4428-A9D1-E786B3C64C6D.jpeg

C3E5A2FA-51C2-4556-8854-7020395B2C40.jpeg

I will be carrying my 300 Tejas this weekend. With my Gseven ready to reach out and touch something. It is a twelve pound rifle. The 6.5 will workout well for the kids and the really old people. ??? I think we will carry Bessy’s favorite with us just in case we really need to reach out and touch somebody.

I got my Bog Pod Death grip in time for the hunt. This set up will help my 84 year old dad great. Just got to get him on the elk ! So little big horn. But come on you aren’t that old. ? We have three tags my son, myself and my dad. Three generations hunting together. Going to concentrate on dads cow first. ?

C1DE6BA0-9C3B-490A-A72A-2F49C17A182C.jpeg

I got my Bog Pod Death grip in time for the hunt. This set up will help my 84 year old dad great. Just got to get him on the elk ! So little big horn. But come on you aren’t that old. ? We have three tags my son, myself and my dad. Three generations hunting together. Going to concentrate on dads cow first. ?

View attachment 20355
I wish I’d have known you wanted a bog pod. I have one I have been trying to practically give away!?. And I guess I’m twice the age of many on this forum so that does make me old. I call Zeke a pup!?

I noticed our local gun shop had a bunch of 6.5 PRC ammo. Lead bullets, so almost worthless in California.

Nice set up BigJohnt, I set up a man bun gun a couple years ago for predator hunting and love it. Hoss thank god a new year is coming, I’ve heard the man bun is out and the new trend is the He Hive with a long flavor saver coming off the chin.

I had surgery on Wednesday ! So I am hoping to get out again before the hunt ends on Friday. It has been tough this year getting on the cows. Finding bulls every few hours another group of bulls again and again. I think the cow have been pounded so hard. They have moved from the area we usually find them. The first weekend we had snow. But everything was still up high. Last weekend it was muddy and no snow on the south facing slopes. The Tikka is shooting good walked it right across the target to the bullseye . Then out to 650 yards on the steel. Impressed how it was shooting and the Sig scope was tracking well. I was only able to find one box of shells before sighting it in. I have found two more just not the grain I wanted. Ordered some 6.5 PRC ammo online. Hopefully it gets here before I converted it over. The Sig BDX system works pretty well. But I will be taking it off and installing a good old fashion turret scope on rifle. Better suited for target shooting and hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom