I drew 27-3 sheep!!!!!!!

kimbersig

I just drew the 27-3 sheep tag!!!!! i'm so excited and anxious to put boots on the ground to start scouting if this damn snow will ever leave! I've got maps out studying the access points and trails but if anyone has hunted that unit and has any knowledge they'd be willing to share i'd greatly appreciate it!

I've hunted 27 out of Stanley for elk/deer. Best unit in Idaho, IMO. It's rugged but not unhuntable. Have fun.

I harvested my ram over in 36A in the White Clouds in the 90's, but went on several hunts helping friends in 27 a few years later. I believe it was 27-3 between Camas and Waterfall Creek. You can go in from Morgan Creek summit or up Panther Creek on forest road 55 back to Yellowjacket and Cobalt. Take FS 112 up to the top of Middle Fork Peak (9200'). About a 30 mile uphill road and takes over an hour. We hunted down from the top ridges, and found rams in the timbered pockets a third of the way down. Take plenty of water cause a lot of those canyons have very little in the way of springs.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom