I drew a 44 deer tag!!!!!!

A

AllTimeHunter

I drew a 44 deer tag looking for a starting point any one willing to help me save some gas not asking for your honey hole any info is good info, I will be sharing my scouting pics!!!!

Congrats on the tag, that is a great hunt! If you search a little you'll see that everyone says to kill early or you'll have missed your chance... I'm not so sure I believe that necessarily, I had the tag in 2010 and killed October 10, 160" deer (bad decision on my choice) but in my defense I was young and dumb! :) There's some good country down along the foothills that can get good if the weather is right. I had the regular season bull tag in 2011 and seen several real good bucks (170-190") in the low country rutting hard like it was nobody's business (in unit 44) when people said they'd be long gone from the unit... Needless to say I wish I had the tag that year as it was insane the amount of bucks I was seeing the last week of October... PM me if you'd like. And congrats again on the tag, it should be a fun hunt!

Congrats on the great tag! scout early and you should do well I had the tag in 2010 and killed a sweet little non-typical double cheater buck on the opener. I found bucks everywhere from the private land access yes properties to the tallest peaks of the unit. If you have a motorcycle definitely take it, it was the best scouting tool and will save you time on the trails as many of them are single track trails.
By far the best hunt I have had to date, great big buck country. I would recommend that you find at least 2 bucks you would be happy with taking before the opener and try to one of them down as there is still quite a bit of competition with the number of tags and the biggest seem to go on opening day. Good Luck and pm me if you would like specific areas to start.

First of all I hate you. Second of all I forgive you for drawing my tag. Can I email you some info?

Great tag and fun hunt!

Got a awesome buck on the ground!!
3264iphone_pics2_016.jpg

That's an awesome buck! I know of a few other deer that come from that area with heavy mass like that. Congrats.

He scored 181. He was holding up down in the thick rocky brush coulee, jumped him up at 20 yrds before i could get my gun up he was at 200 yrds runnin, i shot twice missed each time shot behind him. we got on his tracks and followed till we seen more thick thick cover we got about ten yrds from the cover and he jumped out he never stoped runnin so i shot ounce and dropped him at 175 yrds runnin!!

That smile really says it all. Love those heavy and dark horns, he will make an amazing mount for sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom