I drew A Zone...

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
Who's hunting A Zone this year for archery or rifle? How are the trail camera's looking? Boys and I went up and to check them today for the first time and were pleased to find a very nice buck. Still only mid June but these bucks looked finished. What's your tactics for archery? S&S or blind/stand? I was successful taking my first treestand buck a couple years ago in archery and we are going to be clocking hours again this year.

STC_1333 2.JPG

Spot and stalk can be good if you have some open ground and a good afternoon wind to cover your approach! Good luck Firewater hope to see you on here with some success.

Spot and stalk can be good if you have some open ground and a good afternoon wind to cover your approach! Good luck Firewater hope to see you on here with some success.

Yeah we’ll see if I can make that hunt, I have 3 states I’m hunting august through September so we’ll see if I can fit in some time and hunt A zone.

Yeah we’ll see if I can make that hunt, I have 3 states I’m hunting august through September so we’ll see if I can fit in some time and hunt A zone.
Good news is July 11th opener on the archery. I've got a lot of windshield time between my hunt and my two boys in NM so July sounds like a good warmup.

Good news is July 11th opener on the archery. I've got a lot of windshield time between my hunt and my two boys in NM so July sounds like a good warmup.

That’s one of the states I’ll be in as well. The a zone opener will be here in no time.

My wife and I will be hunting the South Unit to get started this year and I’ll be doing some scouting for A-33 while we are out there. Can’t wait to get it started with the bow in July! Got the rig dialed in and now I’m just debating customizing some arrows or just shooting the “out of the box” VAP TKO 300 spines with the Grim Reaper Micro Hades like I did last year

Well I'm glad you guys know of some spots. Up where I am and I've lived here my whole life, I couldn't point you in an honest direction, lol.

I guess if you’re not one of the following it’s not public. FHL would be easier to access if you can’t manage one those criteria.

ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible to hunt on Vandenberg AFB you must fall under one of the following categories:
Military- Active Duty
Military- Retired
Military-Reserve
Dependent- Military
Dependent- DoD
DoD - Civilian Employee
DoD- Civilian Retired
DoD- Prime Contractor
Sponsored Visitor- First Responder
Sponsored Visitor- Chumash
Sponsored Visitor- DOJ/BOP Lompoc Sponsored- Guest

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom