I drew Monroe muzzy bull!

I am beyond excited and in complete shock! I never imagined this would happen. I can't wait to get to know the unit and look for a stud bull.

I am a non-resident and active duty military. Right now we have a restriction (due to covid) on leaving the state (Idaho) but hopefully that will let up soon so I can make it down for a scouting trip this summer.

Any info is greatly appreciated! What's the access like? What kind of rut activity can I expect? Is it open enough for some good glassing? Thanks so much!

Congrats and thanks for your service!! Monroe is a great tag to have and the muzzy dates are prime this year. They should be rutting and bugling hard during the hunt. Access on the unit is very good-get down and learn the roads a bit and you will be in good shape.

The unit is not what it once was in terms of quality but none of the Utah units are. Having said that, there are plenty of good bulls still and targeting a 340-350 bull is a reasonable expectation.

Good luck-you will love the unit!

Congrats, I drew a archery tag this year. Muzzleloader dates are good this year, not so much for archery but I drew a few year earlier than expected so not complaining. I Have been hunting deer down there my whole life and we have had multiple elk tags. Access is great, lots of roads. Any questions I will see if I can help.

Thank you for your service. Great unit with some stomper bulls. Utah pretty much allows anything on muzzleloader (scopes, sabots, shotgun primers etc) which will be helpful down there.
Good Luck

Congrats, I drew a archery tag this year. Muzzleloader dates are good this year, not so much for archery but I drew a few year earlier than expected so not complaining. I Have been hunting deer down there my whole life and we have had multiple elk tags. Access is great, lots of roads. Any questions I will see if I can help.
Congrats on the archery tag! It's going to be a fun fall.

Thank you for your service. Great unit with some stomper bulls. Utah pretty much allows anything on muzzleloader (scopes, sabots, shotgun primers etc) which will be helpful down there.
Good Luck
I am going to work up a load using blackhorn 209 and Barnes tez bullets. Half the fun is getting the gun dialed in.

I too would like to thank you for your service. I have spent quite a bit of time on Monroe and have a Muzzleloader deer tag and will be down for most or all of the hunt. Between myself and friends and family have helped on 12 elk hunts down there. I would be glad to help or give any advise I can. When it gets closer send me a pm with your info and we can touch base. That’s the Best tag to have down there!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom