I drew Utah elk, any weapon, Paunsagunt Sept 13-21

flyingbrass

Anyone care to offer any suggestions? I would like to DIY with a rifle. If not I would like to maybe get a guide and shoot one with a bow. Does this sound reasonable? Any help is appreciated.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

I've had 3 pauns archery elk tags in the past. There are definitely a few areas to concentrate on. Pm me and I can give you some ideas. You should do well with those dates.

When I was down there a couple years ago, most of the elk I was seeing in September were there on the north end. I saw some very good bulls too. It had me wishing I had an elk tag.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-14 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-14 AT 04:53?PM (MST)

Not bad for a first day bull!
My son drew an Arkansas Elk tag, there were only 6 bull tags this year on public land, so I've been busy scouting at home. Therefore, I didn't have time to scout in Utah and hired a guide. It's a long way from AR to Utah! Here is my first Utah bull.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-14 AT 05:54PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-14 AT 05:40?PM (MST)

flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

JUDAS PRIEST!

Nice Bull!

Who Helped You?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

WOW!! That is a great bull. Congrats!! Be sure to fill us on on the Arkansas hunt for your son too.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

That is a really nice bull. Hope you guys find a good one in AR too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Absolutley beautiful bull. I'd say you did dun well

Waiting to hear how your son does as well

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-14 AT 07:57PM (MST)[p]Here is the video link.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member
I drew the muzzy tag this year and haven't been down there yet. I plan on taking a few scout trips before then but any info you have and see willing to share, I'm all ears. Also curious who your guide was?

Seven year old thread.
Hopefully you get some updated info. I would think all of the guides would be booked up with Deer hunts that time of year.

When I was down there a couple years ago, most of the elk I was seeing in September were there on the north end. I saw some very good bulls too. It had me wishing I had an elk tag.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....
No!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom