I finally got out of the slump!

D

Duskwalker

Its been four years since I have been able to bag a deer, I can blame it on my disablity keeping me from doing the things I normally do, but I am just going to blame it on bad weather, and populations.
This year however I was drawn for a Doe tag, so after buck hunting with my grandfather, I drove up to Coulevile WA, and shot a nice sized doe, that had been stealing horse oats from a local farmer. She weighed in at 90 pounds (Field-dressed, no head and no legs).
I will have my first steak on Monday (I use a butcher in a diffrent city then I live, so I have to go pick up the meat on the weekend), and I am excited about it. There is no real point to this story, I am just excited and had to tell someone. My father is in prison so I couldnt share the experience with him, and my wife (though she was excited at the time) doesnt really care that much about it.
~D~

Sounds like she was a biggin! Congrats...I got a doe tag last year and was able to harvest a mature doe, not that big but still good eating! B_B

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom