I have been saying it

Remember DM, it’s only transitory?
Do you think that "transitory" policy was clearly incorrect at the time?

I guess I'm saying hindsight is 20/20 and wondering if you think Powell should've seen this coming?

Does Powell carry any blame for inflation? Was it a mistake to appoint him Chair of the Federal Reserve?

The dreaded "they."

"They" are transitory, "they" are an amorphous group that nobody can identify, but "they" are evil and powerful and hate everybody but the other "theys."

But some kid on TikTok figured it all out. I saw on the internet that the Chipotle logo has an upside down triangle in it so "they" are secretly pedophiles and sex traffickers.

Got it.

The dreaded "they."

"They" are transitory, "they" are an amorphous group that nobody can identify, but "they" are evil and powerful and hate everybody but the other "theys."

But some kid on TikTok figured it all out. I saw on the internet that the Chipotle logo has an upside down triangle in it so "they" are secretly pedophiles and sex traffickers.

Got it.
"They" is used properly in this context.

"They" in my statement specifically refers to Joe Biden and his cabinet, the Fed, and the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.

I am not talking about the real people that run the US. I don't know who they are.

But specifically those groups listed have been lying about the inflation rate. Maybe they have been lying about it for much longer with other administrations. I don't know. But the lie finally became so drastic pretty much everyone knows they are being lied to. I don't know the reason they are lying. I don't know if they are conspiring to lie.

I just know that the printed inflation and unemployment rates are lies.

Got it.

What in the Hell does this have to do with anything that is being discussed on this thread.

Normal ploy of yours, ratchet up the social morality of issues.

What in the Hell does this have to do with anything that is being discussed on this thread.

Yes, that came out of left field. My property taxes went up 8 %, food up crazy prices , gas high, diesel crazy high, lumber and Home Improvement 20%. Yes 8.3 % is so accurate. Can't laugh at this stupid crap, there is no humor to find.

"They" told us it's not inflation. It's price gouging. "They" all got together secretly and raised prices.

Expand the discussion, sir. It's a comment meant as a comparison pointing out another example of the beliefs of the "they" crowd.

This world doesn't exist in a vacuum and neither do the beliefs of the people who blame "they" for all their problems.

The beliefs are different, but the "they" crowd is the same. It's a big umbrella and there are lots of people under it.

I asked specific on-point questions quoting the "transitory" comment and the person who popularized the "transitory inflation" theory and is largely responsible for our monetary policy.

I was referred to a nebulous comment about "they" instead of an astute answer on the subject.

And to prove my point, the person who first blamed "they" for not telling the truth proved my point by saying, "I am not talking about the real people that run the US. I don't know who they are." As if there's a secret cabal behind the scenes pulling the strings that NOBODY has identified or presented specific evidence about.

The "they" crowd loves to point to "they" for everything but has answers or considerate discourse for nothing. Regardless of the subject, it's "they" who are doing it. "They" are always secret and wealthy and powerful and evil and anti-American and are hell-bent on hurting the average person.

I guess if nothing else, we've learned to pick a subject and blame "they" for the problem. There's a lot of money in selling fear and anger; you can even get elected President by doing nothing other than screaming about how you're going to fight "them" and "save" America from somebody nobody can identify.

Okay, notdon, get ready for another comparative example of the ridiculousness of the "they" crowd because "they" are even turning frogs gay ?

If anybody wants to have a real discussion on monetary policy, I'm up for it. If it's somehow more helpful to just rant angry and unchallenged at Fauci and Hillary and Epstein and whatever other bogeyman Tucker Carlson says is responsible for somebody's problems... I don't really see how that's a helpful exercise, but whatever.

"They" told us it's not inflation. It's price gouging. "They" all got together secretly and raised prices.
I agree it's price gouging, but "they" did not "get together secretly" to coordinate it.

It's just like home prices, if your neighbor threw $100k on their home value and sold it... you don't have to "get together" with them to realize you can throw $150k on your listing price and see what happens.

Then, when it sold, the guy down the street didn't have to "get together" with you and the first neighbor to sell to realize he could put an extra $180k on his house... and voila (chef kiss) somebody wrote an offer and the snowball continued on from there until the Fed raised rates and stopped the chain reaction.

It's easily explainable by market forces and doesn't require a conspiracy of businesses throughout the whole country (and world) to justify.

That's why Powell is talking not just about inflation, but also about wages and employment. As long as employment stays high and wages keep climbing, the consumer will continue to pay more and more for products so the manufacturers will continue to raise prices.

It's basic economics, not a conspiracy.

I agree it's price gouging, but "they" did not "get together secretly" to coordinate it.

It's just like home prices, if your neighbor threw $100k on their home value and sold it... you don't have to "get together" with them to realize you can throw $150k on your listing price and see what happens.

Then, when it sold, the guy down the street didn't have to "get together" with you and the first neighbor to sell to realize he could put an extra $180k on his house... and voila (chef kiss) somebody wrote an offer and the snowball continued on from there until the Fed raised rates and stopped the chain reaction.

It's easily explainable by market forces and doesn't require a conspiracy of businesses throughout the whole country (and world) to justify.

That's why Powell is talking not just about inflation, but also about wages and employment. As long as employment stays high and wages keep climbing, the consumer will continue to pay more and more for products so the manufacturers will continue to raise prices.

I wonder if you would have this exact same explanation if all of this horseshit happened under Trumps watch? Be honest.

Two things.

First, I didn't blame "they" for anything. I just told you they are lying.

Second, I don't know anything about secret cabal groups running the country. But if you believe Joe Biden is running anything more than a fisher price bat phone I want some of your drugs. If he was in charge you and I would be shooting at Chi-coms from a ditch and eating our pets.

I wonder if you would have this exact same explanation if all of this horseshit happened under Trumps watch? Be honest.
Um, it did, and I'll back it up with evidence instead of just throwing something out there that I can't support.

Trump nominated Powell. Trump accelerated deficit spending. Trump badgered Powell to stop quantitative tightening (he wanted "quantitative easing" which is printing money and pumping it into the economy) and Trump pushed Powell to not only keep the federal interest rate low, but lobbied for "aggressive rate-cutting" and actually wanted the Fed rate pushed to negative numbers. And people didn't think artificially low interest rates and printing money would cause inflation? ?

The chicken was in the oven and cooking for years. The inflation we're seeing started in early 2021, when Biden had only been in office for a few months. The Inflation Reduction Act certainly contributed, but Biden didn't cause this. This started with Trump and his policies.

Inflation_rate,_United_States_and_eurozone,_January_2016_through_November_2022.png
20210114-borrowing-increased-under-trump-despite-promise-to-repay-national-debt-small.png
-1x-1.jpg
Screen_Shot_2018_12_17_at_9.43.31_AM.jpeg.jpg

images.jpeg.jpg

EA1OZh5XYAEjuYP.png

Um, it did, and I'll back it up with evidence instead of just throwing something out there that I can't support.

Trump nominated Powell. Trump accelerated deficit spending. Trump badgered Powell to stop quantitative tightening (he wanted "quantitative easing" which is printing money and pumping it into the economy) and Trump pushed Powell to not only keep the federal interest rate low, but lobbied for "aggressive rate-cutting" and actually wanted the Fed rate pushed to negative numbers. And people didn't think artificially low interest rates and printing money would cause inflation? ?

The chicken was in the oven and cooking for years. The inflation we're seeing started in early 2021, when Biden had only been in office for a few months. The Inflation Reduction Act certainly contributed, but Biden didn't cause this. This started with Trump and his policies.

View attachment 99815View attachment 99816View attachment 99817View attachment 99819

View attachment 99818

View attachment 99820
And if Trump would have won a second term?

Expand the discussion, sir. It's a comment meant as a comparison pointing out another example of the beliefs of the "they" crowd.

This world doesn't exist in a vacuum and neither do the beliefs of the people who blame "they" for all their problems.

The beliefs are different, but the "they" crowd is the same. It's a big umbrella and there are lots of people under it.

I asked specific on-point questions quoting the "transitory" comment and the person who popularized the "transitory inflation" theory and is largely responsible for our monetary policy.

I was referred to a nebulous comment about "they" instead of an astute answer on the subject.

And to prove my point, the person who first blamed "they" for not telling the truth proved my point by saying, "I am not talking about the real people that run the US. I don't know who they are." As if there's a secret cabal behind the scenes pulling the strings that NOBODY has identified or presented specific evidence about.

The "they" crowd loves to point to "they" for everything but has answers or considerate discourse for nothing. Regardless of the subject, it's "they" who are doing it. "They" are always secret and wealthy and powerful and evil and anti-American and are hell-bent on hurting the average person.

I guess if nothing else, we've learned to pick a subject and blame "they" for the problem. There's a lot of money in selling fear and anger; you can even get elected President by doing nothing other than screaming about how you're going to fight "them" and "save" America from somebody nobody can identify.

Okay, notdon, get ready for another comparative example of the ridiculousness of the "they" crowd because "they" are even turning frogs gay ?

If anybody wants to have a real discussion on monetary policy, I'm up for it. If it's somehow more helpful to just rant angry and unchallenged at Fauci and Hillary and Epstein and whatever other bogeyman Tucker Carlson says is responsible for somebody's problems... I don't really see how that's a helpful exercise, but whatever.
That is total BS everyone knew who Tristate was talking about, he was talking about the Biden Administration and yes THEY are lying.
Screenshot_20230112_182011_Samsung Internet.jpg

And if Trump would have won a second term?
Then he would've done like he always does and blame everybody else.

Our fate was sealed when it comes to inflation, economic factors can take years to manifest themselves... they're not instant. For example, Bill Clinton enjoyed many good economic years, but much of that was attributable to Reagan and Bush policies. Clinton didn't do anything special except let Greenspan run the country and stay out of the way.

Trump wanted artificially good numbers so had significant influence on monetary policy, but there is an equal and opposite reaction to everything and this inflation was coming regardless of who won the election.

Biden IN NO WAY helped ward off inflation with his spending bills, but Republicans raised the debt ceiling three times under Trump and added nearly $8 Trillion to the national debt. They're now acting like they won't raise the debt ceiling again while Biden is president and pretending they care about deficit spending, but they out-spent even Obama while Trump was in charge so the only people who buy their BS are the ones who don't know the whole story because they only watch right-wing news.

If you think just because I acknowledge Trump's responsibility in this, it means I support Biden... You're entirely wrong.
Both parties have been contributing to this problem for decades.

PS. The last President to not run a budget deficit was Bill Clinton. Every President since then has only made it worse.

Unless they changed the formula, the official inflation rate is based on some basket of goods formula, adjusted regionally to account for local market circumstances (for example cage free chicken which is the law of the land here now).

Its just math.

However, I’m always suspect of the data fed into the machine. I don’t believe anyone in the biden administration has taken a math or econ class.

Unless they changed the formula, the official inflation rate is based on some basket of goods formula, adjusted regionally to account for local market circumstances (for example cage free chicken which is the law of the land here now).

Its just math.

However, I’m always suspect of the data fed into the machine. I don’t believe anyone in the biden administration has taken a math or econ class.
I'm not at all saying inflation or CPI is accurate or the best model, but I don't think it's the result of a conspiracy.

Inflation is calculated by Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employees of which are career employees and not political appointees.

The Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor Statistics is a political appointee. The current Commissioner is William Beach, who was appointed by President Trump.

"are career employees and not political appointees."....the swamp....who never ever will let their gravy train end.

You are a smart guy Grizzly....too bad you are a leftist....

Ok grizz, you ask if I thought the “transitory” policy was clearly incorrect at the time and it sounds like you were expecting an answer. I wasn’t going to go down that rabbit hole because I’ve seen where it leads. That’s why my answer was “yeah, ok”.
Sounds like you’re still wondering, so here goes.
No. I don’t think it was incorrect, I think it was a bullish!t lie, just like everything else dementia joe‘s handlers program him to say.
There’s your answer. Go nuts. I’m done.

Ok grizz, you ask if I thought the “transitory” policy was clearly incorrect at the time and it sounds like you were expecting an answer. I wasn’t going to go down that rabbit hole because I’ve seen where it leads. That’s why my answer was “yeah, ok”.
Sounds like you’re still wondering, so here goes.
No. I don’t think it was incorrect, I think it was a bullish!t lie, just like everything else dementia joe‘s handlers program him to say.
There’s your answer. Go nuts. I’m done.
Your original answer was, "Tristate stated it perfectly. I’ll just leave it at that."

Your answer just now is about what I'd expect from somebody who thought a "they" answer was "said perfectly."

So far, I'm the only person who has supplied any factual information regarding monetary policy to this thread.

I'm happy to have a thoughtful conversation regarding economics, but that doesn't look like it's in the cards.

Speaking the truth here doesn't get the ? from the echo chamber that saying, "Let's go Brandon" would get, but at least it's an answer based on knowledge and not ignorance and fear-mongering. I'm comfortable with the pushback, at least it means some people are seeing information they otherwise blindfold themselves from seeing. That information makes them uncomfortable, which is exactly why entities like Fox News exist... people are inherently more likely to stay tuned if they only hear what they want to hear.

I'm sure no right-leaning person that read this thread can allow themselves to lay any blame at Trump's feet, but at least they now know how our country's monetary policy and pathway to inflation via deficit spending and depressed interest rates spanned far more than the last two years.

Your original answer was, "Tristate stated it perfectly. I’ll just leave it at that."

Your answer just now is about what I'd expect from somebody who thought a "they" answer was "said perfectly."

So far, I'm the only person who has supplied any factual information regarding monetary policy to this thread.

I'm happy to have a thoughtful conversation regarding economics, but that doesn't look like it's in the cards.

Speaking the truth here doesn't get the ? from the echo chamber that saying, "Let's go Brandon" would get, but at least it's an answer based on knowledge and not ignorance and fear-mongering. I'm comfortable with the pushback, at least it means some people are seeing information they otherwise blindfold themselves from seeing. That information makes them uncomfortable, which is exactly why entities like Fox News exist... people are inherently more likely to stay tuned if they only hear what they want to hear.

I'm sure no right-leaning person that read this thread can allow themselves to lay any blame at Trump's feet, but at least they now know how our country's monetary policy and pathway to inflation via deficit spending and depressed interest rates spanned far more than the last two years.
Haha Grizz can you never be right in your house? You can be right here bud, we'll give you one you've earned it.

While I generally agree with your sediments, this isn’t exactly true. It’s clear to many of us (not here in the echo chamber) that trump lit the fuse.

Whats interesting is that any right-leaner would support a big-city big-spendin liberal like trump in the first place. Hell, he managed to piss away an Obama economy that was rockin like rudy at an open bar. :ROFLMAO:

I don’t like discussing monetary policy much*, so I’ll just give you a (y)

Trump is no conservative- he’s a fraud. And he has the court decrees to prove it ;)

* will the fed keep rates too low because we can’t afford to pay the interest on the monetized debt (which was damn near zero), thus ushering in a generation of “stagflation “?

Last edited:
There was bound to be inflation after the disastrous covid shut down. No way to avoid it.

But it could have been less impactful if the government had not continued with the stupid policies. When you pay people to do nothing, and they contribute nothing to the economy in return, it is guaranteed to make inflation worse. Money without production leads to increased costs- for everyone.

"They" are not some conspiracy. It's right there in the open- the people who were elected.

"They" is used properly in this context.

"They" in my statement specifically refers to Joe Biden and his cabinet, the Fed, and the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.

I am not talking about the real people that run the US. I don't know who they are.

But specifically those groups listed have been lying about the inflation rate. Maybe they have been lying about it for much longer with other administrations. I don't know. But the lie finally became so drastic pretty much everyone knows they are being lied to. I don't know the reason they are lying. I don't know if they are conspiring to lie.

I just know that the printed inflation and unemployment rates are lies.
The reason Brandon is lying is because he is moving his lips.

There was bound to be inflation after the disastrous covid shut down. No way to avoid it.

But it could have been less impactful if the government had not continued with the stupid policies. When you pay people to do nothing, and they contribute nothing to the economy in return, it is guaranteed to make inflation worse. Money without production leads to increased costs- for everyone.

"They" are not some conspiracy. It's right there in the open- the people who were elected.
plus $8 Billion give away to Ukraine.

Do you think that "transitory" policy was clearly incorrect at the time?

I guess I'm saying hindsight is 20/20 and wondering if you think Powell should've seen this coming?

Does Powell carry any blame for inflation? Was it a mistake to appoint him Chair of the Federal Reserve?

Yes. Yes, it's his Job to see it coming.

However.

You can't wage war on oil, shut down pipelines, and drilling, then be surprised when gas/diesel skyrocket taking everything with it. That wasn't Powell's fault, that is solely the fault of Biden.

That one thing, expands into everything else. Expensive energy gets passed on to every segment.

What caused the drop in employment?

Paying folks to stay home(Trump), and continuing that (Biden).

Ben Shapiro said it best.

All Joe Biden had to do, was do nothing.

The economy was roaring pre Covid. It was shut down artificially by the idiots in gov. A vaccine came out, omnicron became the weak dominant strain. Had Biden done nothing, the economy roars back based solely on pent up demand.

Instead. Bidens energy secretary is Jennifer Granholm, who has no experience in energy(but she's a woman). His transportation secretary has no experience in transportation (but he's gay), he nominated an anti capitalist to be comptroller( female and Asian), etc, etc, etc.

His decisions, starting at VP, to nominate leadership not based on experience and results, but based on gender/sexual/racial grouping, has put us where we are.

Powell can't use interest rates to compensate for Buttigieg incompetence. So freight gets stuck. Planes don't fly, trucks don't roll, and the costs are passed down the line.

It's not a conspiracy. It's the result of lifetime bureaucrats, and lifetime politicians being in control.

You or I wouldn't hire Biden, Harris, Granholm, Buttigieg, etc to work in our buisness, yet, they are in "control", thus, we pay the price

Term limits and holding politicians accountable for failure. If I performed in my job as badly as our gov I would be unemployed.

Same case of steel shot I bought last year for $119, I just bought for $189, on sale.

So I guess 6% excludes ammo as well

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom