I keep checking....

wybighorn

Am I the only who keeps checking the G&F website to see when the sheep, moose, and goats results will be up? I keep thinking that they have to be close to having the results up. I don't know why I keep checking? I'm sure my results will have the normal response?.. unsuccessful. However, it's always like Christmas for me? checking to see if you got what you've been wishin? for! Good luck to all!

The post date on the G&F website for those animals says it's May 8, so it may be just a few days before that, but not later than the 8th.

Im thinking it might be the first part of next week, would be cool if we knew this week though!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-12 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]Only draw I'm excited about so far, but not checking yet. They might beat the scheduled by up to a week. May 8 is my 50th birthday. Guess what I want? As a -1 off max point nonresident, I'm thinking I have 50:50 ish odds for area 5 sheep.

That would be a great B-Day present EF!

Happy Birthday either way.

I too am in for 5 from the Random tag pool though.

Good luck All.

Robb

It's time to start checking this week. I guess it will be this week. No results Monday (but maybe note on post date), most likly Wed-Fri. Good luck to all.

Mr. Fudd
I am thinking there is a sheep in your very near future. Good luck my friend. My son's only hope is the random draw, but we will keep looking as well.

I haven't slept much....My wife keeps asking me why I sit and stare at the computer.
After 18yrs of applying I am wondering if I could end up the last max point holder to draw. I mean somebody has to be last right? Maybe WY G&F could offer a gold blazer for 20yrs of dedicated applications. Then the few of us left could gather yearly, sip single malt scotch and swap excuses about why we couldn't manage to get our butts on a sheep hunt?
Good luck Elmer. (I didn't apply for unit 5) ;^)

I've got to believe with the new units available to NR's, the top point holders will spread out and mostly draw with maybe unit 19 the exception.

I'm assuming the guys that have gone point saver in the past will just kind of trickle in.

LAST EDITED ON May-02-12 AT 01:57PM (MST)[p]mtgoat,
I was in your point pool and was lucky enough to draw 8 years ago. I can only imagine how painful it must be for you to keep looking, but this has to be the year, right? If you didn't put in for 5, then where?
I drew 4 because of the wilderness and needing a guide. I guess in the long run, even that paid off for me.
Good luck my friend!

By the way, I like the Blazer idea. Perhaps they could make it out of the butt fur off discarded sheep capes! ha.

>
>By the way, I like the
>Blazer idea. Perhaps they
>could make it out of
>the butt fur off discarded
>sheep capes! ha.

That's the best idea you've ever had Mr LBH. "butt fur off discarded sheep capes" LOL

There really should be some kind of award for the "last max standing"!

Good luck to you all,
Zeke

I applied for 19 this year. It's the fourth different area I've applied for over the years. I put in for 19 once before and I was the ONLY max point guy that didn't draw that time. It's been (almost) laughable how I've dodged fate each time.
I don't mind so much- it sure keeps things interesting every spring.

We'd need a patch for the blazer- if you fail to draw in at least 4 units it would be a "Grand Spank". I better get a copyright on that one.....

I'm really jonesing now... but am thinking no results tomorrow as they usually put up the note before...

It it's worth anything, only reason I am not in the top pool is that my wife wrote some checks she didn't tell me about 14 years ago... My WY sheep check bounced that year! Oh well, the wait is getting short and something to look forward to, not remember back on now.... I drew an ID ram tag year later, so I forgave her a long time ago... :)

Good luck to all who applied...

LAST EDITED ON May-03-12 AT 04:03AM (MST)[p]With the tags being cut in #5 from 51 res/19 non-ressy to 44/14....it might spin more than a few of us out of drawing.

Robb

Looks like area 4 had a big cut in tags as well. I had heard there was some witer kill in area 4, perhaps 5 experienced some of that too. Hate having to see big cuts in tag numbers like that because it usually means sheep numbers are down, though I wondered how they could keep giving 70+ tags in area 5 every year. Just hope I draw one of those ewe tags while Im on my 5 year waiting period...wish the results would hurry up and come out! Seems the G&F is a little behind the ball this year. No mention as to when the results will be available yet, usually we have them by now, what the heck!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom