I MADE THE BOOK*

H

hunterman67

well o.k. not "THEE" book, but a good book none the less. the current issue of hunting illustrated has hit the mailbox- with me and my wyoming antelope in full view. i also got the coolest t-shirt i have ever owned- it's got the "mr" MULE DEER guy on it, and ssays braggin board. i had my MULE DEER on this sites photo pages, but something about a printed photo is cool. the mdf's MULE DEER magazine did a 3 page spread on my family before, (fall/winter 2000 or 2001) but this is all me, i wish it was a full page though- being that it's the biggest damn 'lope ever taken. lol.
MICHAEL S. WAITE C/O WAITE RANCH, TUCSON-MARANA, AZ.

Could you please post a pic of this monster antelope for those of us who don't subscribe to that magazine?

Scott G.

you know i actually figured you would be the one to see that. since we have the basketball team, i guess you will "have" to take the football team- lol lol.

yep- it's the 3rd time this month, must be something in the beer being sold around this state. i did offer to buy him a beer when we meet- never heard back though ? anywho- if they don't come up go to the mm photo tour page- it is under the "newly added photos" page thats how i found it. later.

Haven't been around lately...been busy with the farm. Anyways, I think trying to get along even thou opinions may vary, is the best thing. If I'm that way, I just might take that beer...hehe!

Scott G.

fair enough, somehow i don't think either one of our keyboards can take any more abuse, most of the time i have a feeling that neither one of us will change the others minds- may as well agree to disagree- ?

i've heard that about you- lol. i resemble that remark.

Agreed...that's the beauty of a free country...we have the freedom to think the way we want to...may not agree, but no sense in beating our heads fighting a loosing battle...you think what you do, as do I...we'll elave it at that, and we'll just go kill innocent animals...hehe

Scott G.

where do i sign up????? actually i am getting ready to go on my new mexico antelope hunt with desertbull next month 9/20-9/21. i am also looking for a meat hunt somewhere. i cannot believe how many ranchs both game and private that are in texas. good NESS they have alot of places/space to hunt stuff there. i figured since i am already going to be on the northeastern side of new mexico (tucumcari) i would see if there was a place to go shoot some does- wt does, exotic does, hogs, javelinas, whatever. i had held out so much hope to go back to wyoming where i went last year to try for a buck MULE DEER since its the only thing i did not get while i was there- but it is not going to happen at the current prices- they have tripled since last year- too bad. but i may try something else this year, i need to come away with some meat this fall (get your mind out of the gutter-lol) and since i can't really count on a high percentage for my cow elk hunt, and our deer hunt will MAYBE produce 1 deer, the nm antelope hunt needs to be productive, and i will still have to find some other hunt somewhere i think. it would be alot easier if cow elk were really everywhere in unit 10 like people say- but they are not !!!!! oh well right- things are tough all over.
we are alright then ?????

no kidding- i saw that and decided it would be better if i just left it alone- lmao. oh well someone HAS to win, otherwise they take thier stuff and go home !!!!! hee hee. i think i about have this keyboard worn out, too much typing. but if it was'nt for this internet stuff i would have the mother of all long distance phone bills, no poopy !!!!! you going to wyoming again pw- send me a postcard, better yet send my a gallon sized plastic zip lock baggy full-o-dirt, i will just hold it for awhile.

Nope, I'm not going to Wy this year. Maybe next year. I have my FREE bear hunt, then a coues hunt here in AZ in Oct, then to Illinois for an archery WT hunt, then in Dec I may go to Sonora for a muley hunt. In Jan I'll have archery pig in Az and archery deer in NM... I have a pretty full schedule to try to work in. I just hired a new guy to owrk with me to cover our produce sales while I go hunting. Luckly for me, he didn't draw any tags this year.

67- Good luck in NM...and if you can get to Texas, do it. Just more critters to bag and take home with ya.

Paul...don't hate the player, hate the game. hehe When I get to Fresno in a couple of weeks, have a pig tied to a tree for me. LOL

Scott G.

P-DUB, Will and I went up to the ranch yesterday. Nothing. No deer. No pigs. Only a few suirrels and road runners. Saw a zillion quail, though. A banner quail year. You like quail huntin'? PC

yes i do like quail- they are alot of fun until like the last weekend hunts- then those suckers can fly double quick, zig-zag right through the cholla fields like nothing- you shoot and all you get is a cactus needle explosion, the 1st couple-o-days are a blast. i am not the best quail hunter so i bring ALOT of shells along for the "hunt"- lol. i have been watching the doves alot though- the last month they have been very active early am. they were flying low and slow all morning yesterday- should be a great year for them also. what "ranch" did you guys go on ????? i did'nt see any new tracks in the monsoon ruined roads- lol. that runoff the last 3 days has wiped out almost 2 miles of dirt roads- then add in 150 stinky moo/poop machines and you have a mile long mud bog. have'nt seen deer in 2 weekends now- not a good sign. you usually see 3-10 on saturday mornings, but since quail starts a week prior to the deer hunt- they'll be moving soon enough i guess. i met a guy who has invited me on a MULE DEER hunt in new mexico this fall- very cool indeed. otherwise my next big game hunt is the antelope hunt with desertbull next month- not even a full month away now- yee ha. i had hoped to get some sight seeing done in unit 10 prior to my hunt, but that looks like a bust again this year. also looks bad for the idaho deer hunt i was going to tag along on- my friend went and got hurt so he's not going- and i don't know anyone up there- maybe next year.

I just have permission on a small ranch out here in CA. Pigs, deer, quail, dove, and wild pigeons. We jump shoot the bass pond for ducks, too. Mostly "woodies". It's mostly oak and wild oats. Sure beats the hell out of nothing. Most of the public land in CA stinks. We have a different quail than you guys do in the desert. On the ranch I hunt they're called valley quail. A little larger than the desert species. Up higher we have mountain quail. They're about the size of a pigeon. Can't wait for dove season Monday. PC

Monday morning I'll be on my site on the farm blasting away at those F-16's...

PC- yes I like quail hunting, but I don't wait for them to fly...I'll ground sluce them in a heart beat.
Scott G.

exactly- nowhere in any regulations does it say they must be "flying"- which i took to mean- anywhere they happen to be t when you see them !!!!! i will shoot quali when they are scurrying through the underbrush wiff the waskily wabbitts- man off season is way too long these days, dove season will relieve some stress- SOME stress !!!!!

Not only do I shoot them on the ground, but I like to make sure there are a bunch together. hehe. I try to get a limit on one shot!! hehe PC

That's what I like to hear...take 'em any way you can get 'em...and the easy ones twice!

Scott G.

Gonna be blasting Monday morning...

what ????? you only take the easy ones twice ????? man i was wrong about you. it is a mandatory requirement to "TAKE" them at least 4-26 times prior to leaving. sheesh.....

sorry, we were speaking of what i like to call "transitional" girls- these are the girls in between the last "relationship" you had- and the next one you will enter, whenever. also called "tweens" (mostly back east though)they are usually the easy ones you end up with, using them as a throwrug so to speak, mounting them on a ceiling fan, having them hold certain fluids for you = "s_erm sponge". in other words it is probabley not a "relationship" type of girl. these types should be taken more than twice as pdub stated above- more like 4-72 times like i said, depending on your penicillan's strength so to speak.
THIS IS A JOKE POST- IT WAS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE, OR AIMED AT ANYONES WIVES OR DAUGHTERS !!!!! (legal disclaimer) lmao

If you can't keep up, then fall out of the line...hehe

Reason being why no more then twice, is if you don't have intentions of keeping her, then my rule is no more then twice, otherwise they get this thing in their head that now there might be "somehting" between you! I don't need any more headaches...

Scott G.

oh yeah- these are called "cling-ons". they are a common creature, usually grown out of sheer orgasmic fluids. however they can be easily dispatched. the preferred, or most common method is to simply pass them onto your friends- they will be gone, and your friends will always owe you- but i have my own little way of ridding myself of these worries- begin sleeping with THIER friends (i usually am already doing just that- but who knows) by sleeping with, or bedding (a more common term) thier friends you can almost be assured of immediate removal, and cancellation of any future plans they may have for you. and at the same time- you gain a new "tween", the circle can be repeated again and again as neccessary. on another note, my son and i went opening morning dove hunting monday. he used his .410 for his 1st dove hunt (he pops bunnies alot, but has never shot at anything flying) it took him 5 shots, and misses before he hit his 1st bird- only 5 shots. his 6th shot took his 1st dove ever. i am only going to talk about his shooting, my shooting was so bad- he is teasing me still today !!!!! today i am getting eased by my 11 year old son- he took 1 bird 6th shot- thats all i am going to say about that !!!!! i never said i was a good bird hunter- EVER !!!!! dammitt. i shot 1 1/2 boxes of 12 guage shells 41 shots - 1 bird. and i only startled him. he gently landed and began walking away when i went to get him, it took me 30 yards to catch this stupid dove, but i got him.
dam birds.

What part of Wyoming were you hunting. Area 13 is no longer an area. I was just wondering if you were north of Guernsey and Fort Laramie hunting? This is the area I am from.

what happened to unit 13- it was there last year- lol. last year it was a 2 unit tag for any antelope covering both 11 and 13. i was on another place called the teeters ranch with eagle eye outfitters- tom strong, and jim phipps are the owners/outfitters, and willie price (a captain from the highway patrol in casper) was my guide for the deer hunt on teeters. jim phipps called a guy name of don mcdowell who owns and manages some land just north/outside of ft laramie. i had to drive from lingle to ft laramie, then another 25 or so miles north of ft laramie and i met don on a road in the middle of public land somewhere. he then took me glassing onto a ladies place he manages- no 'lopes. we then went onto his place- and i saw 2 of the biggest MULE DEER bucks ever. then we found a herd of about 15 grazing way down in the flat farm fields- that is where mine came from. it was about 2 miles north of don mcdowells ranch front door. he also gave me this cool looking "club" horn MULE DEER antler he found at one of his salt licks- very cool, right side and 26" tall, 7" thick, but only a big fork- it's in a good place now- mine !!!!! hope this helps, if your around there at all you should know one or all of these guys. tell them i said hey-

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom