I need a cedar stump

Cookie2

Very Active Member
My taxi says that my elk will be coming home in about three weeks and I don't have a base yet. Got to thinkin gabout it and think it would look cool if I made a base for the pedestal out of a chunk of cedar. I'm thinking somewhere between 24" and 36" in diameter and about 24" tall. Anyone here know of any options on where to aquire one? Don't have a fireplace so I don't need the rest of the tree!

Curtis, does it have to be cedar or will Juniper do. Got lots of very cool old dead Junipers from the 1974 fire. Let me know. You can pick one if you like.

Hey Paul! I'm not sure whether juniper will work or not. I would just have to look. I'm looking for character in the wood so if there is some there, juniper would work. You gonna be around Tuesday? I think little monster and I will be coming up for one last shed hunt before they shut down the forest.

Tuesday should be good. I like Juniper alot. The old stuff if you can cut it the inside is very red. There are some very unique pieces that you should see. Old burned trees still standing and other stuff that I have looked at for possible stuff like pedestal stands.

Let me know. Maybe with all the turkey hunters gone I can get a turkey on my property. They have been plenty scarce.

Curtis,

If that doesn't work out, I live
in the big, middle of a cedar patch.

Will send ya what you need, if need be.

Larry

Curtis, Was out of town all weekend. I will be around today till about 4:00.

Tuesday should be open as well.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom