I need a good predator scope

Mallards_Only

Just purchased a Savage .204 and need to put a scope on it. Not real experienced with the predator hunting. Most of my shots will be 300 yd or less. What does everybody recommend?

Even though your shots will be 300 yards or less, the critters will typically be small so a higher magnification variable may be very helpful. However, it is nice to have lower magnification for calling coyotes into close range. There are many different scopes with ballistic reticles and ballistic turrets, but since the velocity of the .204 is so high, there is not much drop out to 300 yards. You could probably get away with any 4.5-14x40mm with a standard reticle or something similar.

Give Steve at the Outdoorsmans a call at 800-291-8065. He prides himself as being a varmint whacker and will be able to talk with you about different brands, models, prices, etc.

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

I love the 3-9 Nikon I have on my AR-15. I haven't had any problems killing coyotes out to 300 yards with it. I'd make sure to not get anything that has 6x or more as the lowest magnification setting. Most of the coyote I've killed have been within 100 yards so 6x is sometimes too much.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom