I need a picture host site.

L

Lowedog

Any one have any suggestions for a picture hosting site. I have been using MSN photos but I see my pictures are not coming up now. I have noticed that some of you use huntung-pictures.com. I have tried to sign up there twice now and have not received a password in my email yet. It's been several months. After reading some post on their message board it sounds like it's a common problem.

Thanks,
Lowedog

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-02 AT 12:27PM (MST)[p]www.imagestation.com I have not had any problems with them yet and I have uploaded over 200 photo's to them.

If you want your pics to show up in the forum here without using a link, you'll need to store the pics on your ISP's (Internet Sevice Provider), server or get your own domain name and put your pics there. You can also use a free pic hosting website but you'll only be able to post links that point to where your pics are. These free pic hosting companies do this so people will visit their websites.

http://www.webshots.com/is a free pic hosting webpage. You can go there and set up your account and then put the links to the pics on the forum pages here.

The only problem with using the free pic hosting websites is they can go out of business like what's their name did, they can suddenly start to charge you or they start to have problems like Hunting Pictures,com. If you don't want to be jerked around like many of us have been over the past years you can get your own domain name and never have to worry about moving your pics or losing them again.

One web hosting company I can recommend that is fairly cheap in cost is AlphaOmegaHosting. They have great website hosting and their customer service has been outstanding. Danny is the owner and he is a good guy. If you're looking for a small website for yourself to put pics on they have a great $4.95 month special which gives you 100 megs of storage and 5 gigs of transfer. If you need more room they have several other plans for bigger needs.

http://www.alphaomegahosting.com/

With your own domain name, your pic links will stay the same if you have to move to a new server and there won't be the little red Xs that indicate a broken pic link. With 100 megs of server space you can store a ton of pics, add a talk forum like this one, even add a chat or make a bunch of webpages too.

Geocities and many of the free webpage hosts no longer allow you to post your pics outside of Geocitie's domain, you'll just get a broken pic link (little box with red x), if you post Geocities pics here now.

HuntingPictures.com is another free pic hosting site but they stamp their name across the top of all your pics which is ridiculous. They are owned by a company that is a well known Internet spam company so my recommendation is to boycott them and use someone else who doesn't need to mark up your pics with their advertising.

~spectr17

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/forums/

Thanks guys. It's strange wth MSN photos because the pics were showing up the first couple of days.
I seem to remember someone telling how to get the pictures to open if they just show up as a red x. Any one know about this?

Lowedog

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom