I need ya'lls serious advice!!!

330-Trapper

330-Trapper

How many of you have owned, and Hunted with the Lyman 1/60 twist, Great Plains rifle???...I have one one on special order, and was just wondering if any of you have experience with this particular gun?. Previously I've owned two Italian no-name guns, and one really nice TC hawken which I sold to buy a new Bow.

I have never owned or shot one but I have heard that they are a very nice. I have been toying the last couple years of buying one in a kit for a winter project. They don't have all the brass hardware as some of the other Hawkin replicas but the Lyman seems to be a very accurate and reliable gun.

Dang now I know what I want for xmass. Honey! I love you!

Mark

love the great plains rifle from Lyman. Shoots well with round ball with taht rate of twsit. They are nice BP rifles.

Bluelk, did you build yours from the kit? If so how easey would it be for a guy me who has a tough time tying my shoes right half the time to build? Is the kit a good project for a beginner? I am toying with getting the flinter in a 54 but I will probley go with the percussion.

Mark

330-Trapper
Glad to hear that the Great Plains Rifle is so well liked!
My rifle is on backorder, it seems that GeneSears Inc. is having trouble keeping instock...even though Lyman told me that they have plenty in their warehouse.

I guess I wait...Thanks for all the replys!

MBM: No, bud, I didn't build mine from a kit. When I got mine years ago they didn't have it in kit form. I would have liked to have done that, though, because I like to spend the winter building kits for other people.

From what I have experienced they are pretty easy. You will have two main areas that will take some ability: bluing or browning the barrel, and finishing the stock.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom