I need your help...

King_B

Hi all!
I am new to MonsterMuleys, but not new to hunting. I have hunted Utah my whole life, but want to get out and expand my opportunities for mule deer. I have been hunting a few times with my brother in Wyoming, but can't even remember the areas.

Not that you all want more NRs in the mountians, but I would love any help just understanding how the application and draw process work. I have been reading some threads here and kindof have figured some things out, but any informtaion to help me get familiar with the process and how Wyoming works would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

What is a "special" hunt?
Are the numbered units sub-units of the lettered unit?
For example: If I get an H tag, what are the "micro-areas" with numbers inside the H unit?

Help would be great. Thank you

I think 20% to 40% of nonresident deer elk and antelope tags are included as special hunts, they are the same hunt only they cost more, supposedly that gives those that pay more money a better chance to draw. Micro areas usually (not always) have different opening and or closing dates, they are smaller areas within a general unit, and are designated that way in order to be managed according to their separate needs.

Thanks piper! That helps. So what are the premier hunts labeled as? Are they numbers, letters, or text names? So, for example, say I were to get an H tag. Would I be able to hunt every micro-unit within the H boundary according to it's respective hunt dates and regulations?

King,
Not trying to be a smart arse by any means. However, you have lots of good questions that are answered in the Wyoming hunting regs - and some that you probably haven't thought of. You can download the regs from the Wyoming G&F website. Lots of interesting stuff in there that will help you and might speed up your process. Good Luck. Chip

king b the special tags are labeled as such when you apply, they cost a couple hundred more. You can hunt any area in a region unless it is a limited quota unit, and in that case you have to apply and draw for that specific unit.

I understand... I appreciate it! I did think of going to the hunting regs online, but thought i'd try to get answers here in Laman's Terms also. Sometimes that helps me understand how things work. I'll most definitely take a look at Wyoming's site though.

Just use the online application process to get some points. Then begin to study how the whole thing works. Wyoming is definitely on of the more difficult ones to figure out!

King B, I agree the place to start is by using the Wyoming online site at http://gf.state.wy.us/ to buy points in the July 1 to September 30 time period. The hunt draw odds section can help you start looking for possible units and points needed.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom