I won a free African Safari trip

Str8UpLegitHunting

I was lucky enough to win a trip for 2 through Alaska guided creations and
3BrothersAfricanHuntingSafaris. Any one that might have gone with this outfitter and can share their experience they had would be great. Obviously though just looking for some all around advice.Below are the dates I can pick, just wondering if there is a month that is better in July-October or just pick what works best with my schedule.
Thanks guys very excited ?
July 29-August 5
August 8-15
August 31-September 17
September 24-October 1
October 6-23

July 4-13
July 21-August 1
August 10-24
September 1-22
September 29-October 31

Hunted with the Boone family at 3Brothers/Sensational Hunting safari's in 2018. Hunted in April and the weather is great that time of year( Obviously not an option) . First class accommodations and all around nice people. Trophy quality is seemed to be on par with many other outfitters. Food was great, pricing was fair. Get ready for a fantastic trip. They recommend taxidermy services through waterberg taxidermy which did a good job for me on the 6 trophies we harvested. Let me know if there are any questions you have and i can do my best to answer. Don't forget your gaiters and bug spray. Lots of ticks in Africa

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-19 AT 04:52PM (MST)[p]JUly and aug are prime month to hunt Africa. It does not say what area they hunt but I would guess east cape more then likely. Some of there prices a great others on the high side.

JUly there will be no bugs and most of aug also it is there winter time. Airfare will run you more getting there those month but hunting is very good at that time. All 6 safaris I have done was from late june into aug and all have been good.

Don't just use who they say for taxidermy or shipping check around for sure. May fine better and cheaper.

Remember a free trip is never free and I would bet what you won will have you needing extra cash to take extra animals to round out your trip. Most free trips are away to get clients. I know I won my first trip I went over on. had a great time but spent 6500 extra on trophy fees and tips.

If I can answer anymore question feel free to ask

Rain is always a possibility but with the current drought situation it has been rare. BTW as i'm sure you know, they are in the Limpopo and you will fly into joberg.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-19 AT 04:27PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-19 AT 04:25?PM (MST)

The rain normally starts in late oct or nov. In the east cape you can have more rain around but not anything that affects a hunt.

By there price list they hunt the east cape and Limpopo I would say. They are a booking agent so I am sure they hunt all over Sa depending on the hunter. You need to ask them more question that is for sure. If your bow hunting the later the better but if rifle hunting anytime from july on will be good.

also so you know you fly in to jo-berg no matter what part you hunt but you may need another flight depending on were you hunt.

There is plenty of free hunts won or auction hunts that are good. Just be aware not all will be free and you will be out money at some point for something.This is a form of marketing for most who do free hunts

If you are a bowhunter, you will absolutely want July or August. If you're hunting with a rifle, it's less important. Those months will be mid-winter and the most dry months. Lower chance of bugs and snakes in those months, too. Stalking might be easier in the greener months, rather than July August. Have fun!

Thanks everyone for the information obviously I didn't have pick of the litter for best dates like may-June. I decided to go this year from August 31 - September 7.

Those dates will be just great hunting after all you will be in Africa. Enjoy the trip and if you have not done much shooting off of sticks make sure you practice before the trip off of them. The bush will be thinner at that time of year and you maybe shooting out to 100 to 250 yds depending on animals you pick to hunt. Remember in Africa you draw blood it is your animal if you find it or not.

If theres any way you could book mid to late may i would choose that. Impala, kudu, nyala etc rut is amazing and sooo exciting. I went solo and walked n stalked many impala rams and shot a free range 52? kudu bull with my bow in the rut.

If not then book late august and hunt eland in the rut

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-19 AT 08:59PM (MST)[p]Not to be rude but please ignore all the stupid comments about dry vs wet vs hot vs cold and all.

Your hunting SA. You will kill everything your after. If you find one of the very rare free range areas of SA then worry about drought and rain and heat and all. But where your going it doesnt matter. Its nothing like a free range hunt. You?ll figure all that out after your 40th or so safari

Go and have a great time whatever dates you can book! One thing though, bring an extra bankroll...???.. those free hunts are not free but a lot of fun! If you can afford it, extend your hunt to 10 days and hunt what you really want, guarantee it is cheaper to do that then take 40 something safaris..... but then you miss out on the thrill of 40 safaris.

A wise man once said "I only envy those that are going to hunt Africa the 1st time"......you will find the truth in that statement the minute you land. And you will be planning your return three days or less into your hunt!

Recommend you look into Afton Guest House, Karoo Taxidermy, Coppersmith Import brokers and AHG shipping. One last tip, well two; your form 4457 has to be completed this year and if you have to fly to another South Africa destination from JoBerg make sure you book South African Airways (SAA) as only they can transport firearms; Mango is considerably cheaper and operated by SAA but cannot transport firearms.

Enjoy your trip and post some pics when you get back for the rest of us that wish we were going with you!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom