ID 52A

CHWino_1

After not drawing my CO 61 muzzy tag with 25 NR points, I took a wild swing at this hunt.....and drew!

Never been there. Thinking the final week (season ends Nov 24 I think) that there should be pretty good rut action taking place?

Also at that time of year I'm probably wanting to motel hunt. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hunted it years back. Glassing can be tough because the country is so flat. If there’s snow I suggest you drive roads and track the best you can. Low densities but potential for something giant

I use to spend quite a bit of time in the area and there are some nice bucks and I have hunted this area a few times with my bow. The lava fields close to water is where I concentrated my efforts but i was hunting in September when it is still really warm and they are hitting water frequently. One of the bucks I was after always disappeared in the lava flows. Also focus around farm ground. The lava will chew up your boots as well so bring a backup pair. I was never successful in this unit but I have seen some nice deer and elk in the area.

Is there a good central spot to park a travel trailer ? i plan on being there the whole rifle season. Thanks Don

This is the best I could find on the rifle hunt last year, by a long shot. I watched locals slaughter everything that moved before I killed this buck.

F222D6C1-4496-4AC5-8886-E9F35AD338AD.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom