Idaho 1984

Elk_Nuts

A4FEFA7B-B63D-4C10-9A05-1960555DD447.jpeg

Those were the good old days. I can remember seeing hundreds of deer on winter ranges where now you see homes & few deer. I believe there are a lot of factors that have led to the Mule Deer demise. But with the way depredation payments milk the Idaho fish & game department you'll never see deer levels high again. When the population reaches the point, they have depredation problem's they'll just reduce the herd!

DBC108F3-9565-4B5B-BDEA-A526C1E62CB9.jpeg

I got my first deer tag in 1974, My father and I mostly hunted the Owyee’s through the 70’s and 80’s . Pretty awesome times for a young boy.
I also remember the incredible amount of sheds just laying everywhere both deer and elk.
I remember at times wanting to carry out some great sheds, my dad would just growl at me, LEAVE EM!
Gone but not forgotten.

Last edited:
In 1972 I saw a group of bucks like that picture on the opening day of the Utah deer hunt. It was the first year I hunted with a scoped rifle and I had only sighted it in without practicing picking up animals in the scope. That morning I had a giant buck stop at 100 yds, but he was so close I couldn't find him in the scope and he just walked away without a shot!:LOL: I shoulda left the scope home.
There were nearly 200 thousand hunters in the field on the Utah opener back then and for two hours after daylight it sounded like a war broke out all across the state.
Times have definitely changed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom