Idaho 2019 family hunts

idhunters

Thought I would share a few pictures from 2019.

We started with a bear hunt in North Idaho. My 17 year old son has always wanted a bear so we went with an outfitter on a baited hunt.

After a week of sitting this guy wandered into the bait. My son had sat by himself for 4 nights on the bow stand, and the last 2 nights with me on a rifle stand. In the last hour of the last day he got the shot and made it count. This was the only bear either of us saw.

54403bear.jpg

Back home to SE Idaho.

I drew out on elk and deer, so my son was the only one bow hunting this year. He didn't get an elk, but I was really proud of him for getting within 80 yards of this guy, and not taking an unethical shot, snapping a picture instead.

11371elk2.jpg

Later in September my son was able to harvest his first archery buck and second big game bow kill. Public land, and he was all by himself!

28791deerkade.jpg

My elk hunt opened next. I was chasing a 320 class bull and got into the middle of a herd. Couple bulls switched places and I ended up 45 yards from this 6 point. I got a bit confused and pulled the trigger on the smaller bull. Still happy with him. Public land

15481elk1.jpg

My wife hadn't harvested anything for about 4 years. We went out on opening day of the general deer hunt. We were able to access some private land and saw a nice 4 point, she passed a 3 point and we saw a nice bull. That afternoon, this 4 point stood still in a good spot a little too long.

23919deerkaryn.jpg

Finally, I had a late muzzle loader tag. I posted the story in the mule deer section. Long story short it was a long, tough hunt with low deer density. I finally ran into this guy with 3 days left in the season. Public land buck

65335deer3.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. We are thankful to live in Idaho!

Congrats on an amazing season, one that will be remembered around campfires for generations.

"The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the wolf does not perform in the circus."

Fun year of hunting!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

WELL DONE, LANCE ... & FAMILY

Within the shadows, move softly.
(Long-time member; somehow I was 'lost' after have logged 10,000+ posts.)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom