Idaho 2020

Muleman1

Very Active Member
So I am interested in a back country Idaho mule deer hunt I have mules that can go almost anywhere! I will have my 11 year old son with me any advise on a general unit to start looking at were from Utah so I'd like to hunt the southern part of Idaho I've looked at the fish and game page but just wanted some more advise on here how do the tags work I've heard u can use a deer tag for a bear tag is that correct ? Any advise would be greatly appreciated will trade info for central Utah deer info

There is a guy on this site that will probably give you some good advice for a couple good units. Goes by the handle of Idahoron.

Look into unit 49. To be exact Mormon hill. You can access the road less area of the upper little wood area that way. Another good spot would be to go into unit 48. Go to the area that butts up against unit 44. It is mostly horse hunting. If the weather is nice they will be in high elevation. If we get some snow they will most likely start heading out a little early.

If you want to go south go to Sublet. There was an open elk hunt and a deer hunt at the same time. Not sure now. Every time I was there I saw elk and deer.

Another place that might interest you would be unit 39 in the wilderness area in Atlanta. If I remember right the mountain was Graylock. It is a good area. Plenty off the road and I have seen elk and deer in there.

I don't know about the hunting up there, but Idaho has the best threads.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom