Idaho 2021-2022 proposals

Spent a week reading, writing, re-reading, correcting, and then making sure I read them right the first three times. Over all, I'm pretty happy with the direction they are trying to go.

Don't need to provide so many opportunities to kill every doe that's left, would like to see a couple hunts reduced instead of eliminated, or even a whitetail only instead of any buck. I think some of the landowners are more receptive to Access Yes nowadays, and are trying to provide chances to reduce their depredation at the same time.

Now if Mother Nature will cooperate for the next two months, we might have some deer herds again.

Some of the proposals are issues I specifically raised with the fish and game when I called in my harvest report. Seems like they are listening to the hunters. I spoke with several during my hunt who also shared the same feelings. Happy to see some possible progress for the deer herds, even if it reduces some of the opportunity to hunt. The deer need it bad!

Unfortunately, these small "bandaid" changes are probably not going to do much except for in a couple of southern Idaho units. We need to decrease all general hunts by at least one week 10 days preferably. Get rid of all archery doe hunting, and general doe hunting. Then we MIGHT see a difference.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom