Idaho 27-1

jzelina

Hey all, I was fortunate enough to draw 27-1 in Idaho this year! I am working on getting my feet underneath me scouting wise, and would appreciate any suggestions on where to start gathering information. Also, any books or other information on general bighorn sheep behavior would be very beneficial as I don't have much experience with them. I do have some experience DIY hunting dall sheep, but from what I'm beginning to understand these bighorns behave quite differently. Again, any suggestions or resources for where to start looking and learning would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

I don’t have much info but wanted to share a video I took of a ram from last November. Right on the edge of your unit boundary. Steep, nasty and unforgiving country.

Attachments

• IMG_4465.MOV
    9.9 MB
Sweet, I'll be stoked if I can find one like that! Steep and unforgiving seems to be the recurring advice. I'm weirdly looking forward to it...

I put in for the same hunt. Congratulations. I have not spent anytime in there but have a few friends that have. I will be hunting deer in a neighboring unit this fall. Keep us posted. I'd love to hear about your experience.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom