Idaho 63A Deer

CrazyW13

Hey guys, I am a new hunter, first generation, self taught, and hoping to find some success this year. I live in the Rexburg/Idaho Falls area and would love to get into some animals. Archery would be preferred, but I am also competent with a rifle. I don’t need to find anything massive or once in a lifetime, I would like to find just a little buck because my wife and I love to eat venison so much. Anyone willing to part some tips on locating animals around this area lr could direct me on where to start? I have scoured YouTube and these forums and have learned a lot, but am not quite sure on how to actually apply it all.

early archery get up as high as you can, sit down, and glass. you will start seeing bucks. then the learning starts on trying to get on one. be patient, go slow and keep the wind

You didn't say MD or WT. Do you have a boat? How much time can you devote to it? Lots of deer on the river bottoms. 63A also has plenty of desert deer country where you can walk them up with shotgun or muzzy

You didn't say MD or WT. Do you have a boat? How much time can you devote to it? Lots of deer on the river bottoms. 63A also has plenty of desert deer country where you can walk them up with shotgun or muzzy
I don’t know what you mean by MD or WT sorry. My Dad has a drift boat I could potentially float down on, camp, and have him float down to me to pick up again. Other than that, no.

MD= mule deer
WT= whitetail

typically they’ll live in different habitat this differing approaches to hunting them

By the way. You live in a killer place to learn to hunt and have success. Just get out, and get out as often as you can. The most fulfilling thing is the thing you learn on your own. No one taught me to hunt, I just wanted to and when I was old enough to take myself I did. Taught myself archery, how to call, how to reload, how to, how to, how to. And I made a lot of mistakes on the way. My one tip would be work harder. When you think your going as hard as you can, work harder

Learn the areas, and spend some time looking around. Climb up to the top of Cress Creek Nature trail and glass the river and fields at sunrise and sunset. Get familiar with Market Lake and Cartier Wildlife management Areas (WMA's) by Beaver Dick Park. 80% of the unit is private, and only 14% is BLM. Knock on a lot of doors and offer the farmers to exchange labor for permission to bow hunt. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom