Idaho 73A deer - late muz

MDQ

Hi,

I lucked into drawing this tag and would appreciate hearing any advice.

I've hunted the unit a couple times, but as this is the first year with the late tag, I've never hunted it in Nov.

Wondering where the deer winter / migrate and how snow affects location in November.

Thanks in advance. Respond here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Guy

I've never hunted it before. I drew 55 last year and just thought I'd try it out if I was lucky enough to draw the tag, and well sure enough I did. Should be a fun hunt. what about you?

I've hunted it a couple times years ago during October. I definitely need to get back up to refresh my memory of the country. Having a tag in your pocket in November is always fun.

Guy

Hey guys I'm another ?lucky? person to have drawn this tag. My dad has been scouting the last 2 days and have seen only one 22? 3 point that was rutting pretty hard, and maybe 30 does. I'm heading their now but I'm disappointed so far in the lack of bucks he's seen. He said he's covered a good amount of country so far but has just had a tough time turning up bucks. Just wondering if you guys have had the same disappointment so far? If you see a big white F-250 with a camper shell that's us.

How is your hunt going? I drove through Arbon Valley today and saw a buck with each group of does I spotted with a lesser buck or two hanging around. Looked like the rut was going on. I'm thinking you'll have a good hunt.

Dang that's good. We were over in Knox canyon and the base of deep creek peek yesterday. We saw a lot of does yesterday over there but not any bucks. We have spent most of the hunt over on the south end of rockland valley and saw one nice buck. After the last two days of snow and rain it seemed like a lot more deer were down today so I'm hoping we can get it done tomorrow.
We might have to check out that arbon side again tomorrow depending on how the morning hunt goes.

Hi Sparky,

I had to head home today for an unexpected funeral. I'm planning to head back up after Thanksgiving for the rest of the hunt. I mostly hunted the south & west side around Rockland as well. I haven't seen anything the size of that buck so I'd appreciate any info you care to share.

Feel free to PM me, shoot me a txt or call me at 801-899-5471.

Thanks,

Guy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom