Idaho bear hunt

rmanwill

Long Time Member
Any luck yet. Anyone out after the bears on the opener. I still have about 3 weeks till our annual bear outing. Wondering how it is looking. Any bears out with the warm weather. How is the feed. Probably be tough with the great weather for the spot a stock this year. Always a great time no matter what.

Thanks. Best of luck to you next weekend. Third week of may has always been about right up north. However, last year there was a lot of feed in the timber and they did not have to rely on the roads for feeding. Made it tougher. However, always a great outing, with or without bagging a bear. Spot and stall is always opportunity hunting.

Just got back from a weekend hunt in 39. Its very green and plenty of flowers out. Missed a big brown at 250 yards as he was about over top of the next ridge and only had about 30 seconds to shoot. Woulda been my first bear! He was down low quite a ways below snow line. I took a picture of his pile of crap when i was going up to the ridge he went over. The pile was the size of three size 11 boots put together. Ill be kicking myself for awhile over that one. Always a good time though!

>Just got back from a weekend
>hunt in 39. Its very
>green and plenty of flowers
>out. Missed a big brown
>at 250 yards as he
>was about over top of
>the next ridge and only
>had about 30 seconds to
>shoot. Woulda been my first
>bear! He was down low
>quite a ways below snow
>line. I took a picture
>of his pile of crap
>when i was going up
>to the ridge he went
>over. The pile was the
>size of three size 11
>boots put together. Ill be
>kicking myself for awhile over
>that one. Always a good
>time though!

Ouch! That'll stick with you for a while.
Zeke

My story is about the same as Muleyfanatic, hills are very green, missed a big cinnamon as it was making its escape, also in 39. Saw 2 cubs also in a separate sighting

Well packed and ready to hit the road in the morning for a 14 hour trip to bear camp. It will be a great time no matter what. Will post upon returning in 11 days. Best of luck to all the other bear hunters.

Great time with great friends! Going three for three on spot and stalk bears was just a bonus! Already counting down the days until next year!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom