Idaho deer, elk, antelope, bear

IDoutdoors

Well since Idaho’s controlled draw tag time period to apply has ended anyone care to share with the rest of us what they put in for.

I've already drawn 5 big game tags this year so I swung for the fences. 54 archery elk and 45 archery deer.

The problem in sharing where you applied, and in giving out info on tags people drew, is that we do not have the point ponzi scheme other states do.

In a state with points, in many cases only the max point holders can realistically draw, so everyone floods the internet with information because the information won't realistically change draw odds or hunting pressure by the time the information has become outdated.

In Idaho, if you start spouting information online, you can be assured there will be an increase in applications the following year surrounding the information provided. I have done my own anecdotal studies on my theory tracking posts on here and watching Idaho draw odds the following year. (The application systems like Huntin Fool and others surely flaw my observations).

If you like your unit or hunting spot, best to keep quiet and share photos without backgrounds.

The problem in sharing where you applied, and in giving out info on tags people drew, is that we do not have the point ponzi scheme other states do.

In a state with points, in many cases only the max point holders can realistically draw, so everyone floods the internet with information because the information won't realistically change draw odds or hunting pressure by the time the information has become outdated.

In Idaho, if you start spouting information online, you can be assured there will be an increase in applications the following year surrounding the information provided. I have done my own anecdotal studies on my theory tracking posts on here and watching Idaho draw odds the following year. (The application systems like Huntin Fool and others surely flaw my observations).

If you like your unit or hunting spot, best to keep quiet and share photos without backgrounds.

I have trained my kids from an early age to keep the hunting locations a secret, it has been fun to watch grown men ask them questions and get shut down. In the end we are only keeping secrets from our friends.

I’m not shy since the draw odds already say everybody else applies for the same hunts I do:

54 Muzzy elk

41 rifle antelope

40 archery deer.

I really wanted to hunt velvet bucks this year but with 8% draw odds, I’m not holding my breath.

I applied for unit 27 lopes. It’s a low density wilderness hunt so I’m hoping to draw with 3 points.

Also, for real, why the heck does anyone ever apply for moose in unit 27. You’d have to pay me to do that hunt.

I put in for 4%, 5%, and 16%. We will see. I am not a regular Idaho applier, but I plan to hunt OTC this year.

Put in for elephant on the desert, out in the lavas. Second choice was for the camels!!
E99D5EA0-5548-4C36-9389-5D13D0E60BCA_4_5005_c.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom