Idaho elk

MNelkhunter58

I'm going to Idaho this September 14 through the 24th this fall hoping to hit some of the rut using archery. However, I'm from MN and not totally familiar with calling, especially bungling. What time of day is best to bugle? Morning, afternoon, evening? Just in response to other bugles? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks a ton!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-19 AT 07:20PM (MST)[p]You can go to Elk Calling Academy Michael Baestice has a few videos out on his you tube channel that can help you. He gives lesson over the internet but believe he is full due to archery elk starting next week give him a shout you can join his page and can get more stuff out there here is the link. He hold a weekly live seminar on Wednesdays at 19:30pm MST

https://www.patreon.com/elkcallingacademy

Hope this help he taught me in about 5 lessons and I got my elk last year but it is not all about calling, knowing the behavior and scouting is what you need to do if you want to be successful know it can be hard from out of state good luck with you hunt....

Prime time hours at dawn and dust are going to be the most productive. That being said if you can locate bedded herds mid day you have better odds getting a herd bull to leave his cows while they are bedded than when the herd is moving. Your dates have lots of moon light so they will have a tendency to party hard all night and travel more before daylight so they will get more ambitious mid day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom